I would like to put a scope on my Saiga 308 . I would like to know what you guys think are the best way to mount one . I have looked at a couple of different ways and cant decide . I am planning on putting a full size scope on it , as I plan to hunt with it this year . I am looking for a side mount that is rock solid or close. I am not looking to add an aimpoint . My vision is20/50 so iron sights don't work at 150 200 yards anymore. Thanks for your imput

• Like 1

We use a side mount that uses the factory side receiver mounting lugs.  Both up and down and side to side had to be corrected with shims.  Way off as provided.  The scopes are mounted over the top cover.  I think the brand is UTG or something close to that.  Correction please.  About $65 bucks or so.  Maybe less.  The version we use lets the top cover come off without removing the scope or mount.

Original first generation Texas Weapons Systems dog leg rail.

I love it, if you can find either the Gen1 or Gen2 TWS rail, they're well worth the dollars.

Gen2 the rail is integral to the dust cover.

vortex1-1.jpg

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 2

I forgot to mention that the TWS rail has a rear peep sight available for it from TWS.

As it was specifically designed for this rail system, it sits at the right height and doesn't suffer from POI being too high/low like some others.

• Like 3