Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HB of CJ

Class 3 Dealer Needed For Person To Person NFA Transfers In State?

Recommended Posts

Say I want to sell an NFA item to a local buddy.  Can, SBR or other.  Do I need to go through a local Class 3 dealer to do this or can we just work it through the BATFE?  With the AFT process, can we eliminate the middle man dealer?  Our local C3 dealer said all transfers must go through a Class 3 dealer.  He charges $100 bucks to run the paperwork.  I do not know if if he also needs $200.  Thanks.  HB

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I understand, you still have to go through the dealer. The $200 is sent to the ATF from the purchaser, along with the form 4, etc.. However, my class 3 dealer sent off my form 4 and $200 for me, I just had to pay the money upfront.

Edited by forsaken352
  • Like 2

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

YMMV, I'd call the NFA branch. It's in their FAQ.



Seller (Person/Trust, transforer) -> Form 4 -> Buyer (Person/Trust, transferee)



Seller (Person/Trust, transforer) -> Form 4 -> SOT in state 1 -> Form 3 -> SOT in state 2 -> Form 4 ->  Buyer (Person/Trust, transferee)

Edited by delNbones
  • Like 1

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Tromix - Lead Delivery Systems
Dinzag Arms
Mississippi Auto Arms, Inc
Cobra's Custom
Carolina Shooters Supply
R & R Targets
SGM Tactical
Mach 1 Arsenal
C&S Metall-Werkes
American Specialty Ammo
Csspecs Magazines
Phoenix Technology
Evlutionz LLC

  • Chatbox

    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.