What kind of Saiga12 Videos Would You Like To See?

Like the title asks, are there any Saiga-12/410 videos that you would like to see? Are there any subjects on the Saiga 12 & 410 shotguns that you haven't seen covered in a video before?

Ive already have a comparison lined up between the Tapco G2, Red Star adjustable, and the ALG trigger groups that should be pretty good. Im NOT going to spend the money for the TAC-CON trigger sorry....lol

Also lined up will be how to modify the Magpul Zhukov hand guard to fit the Saiga shotguns......(heres a hint: its super easy)

Hi Fitty!  It's good to see you back around here.   I've always enjoyed your videos.

It's not all that exciting of an idea, but it might be interesting to see what kind of groups you can get with different brands of slugs out of an S12.

I've experimented with different loads and have see wildly different results.

My next idea is even less exciting, but if you want to help out the largest number of S12 owners out there, you can go through and read a bunch of GunFun's posts and turn that knowledge into a video on what birdshot loads they can expect their guns to run and what to do if the guns won't cycle them.  As he often points out, new users should be using 3 dram loads as a baseline for what the gun should run and they need to methodical about making changes until they get it running right instead of buying lots of gizmos and then posting FTE threads.  

(here's a link to get you started https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asaiga12.com+gunfun+3+dram&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=gunfun+3+dram+site:forum.saiga-12.com )

You can keep your viewers intrigued by interspersing cool shots of mag dumps and stuff getting blown up, but I personally enjoy the informational side of YouTube a lot more than the eye candy, so that's something to keep in mind.   You'll get more views if you put a chick in bikini shooting watermelons, but from your past videos, I've seen that you can be a good teacher.

Looking forward to seeing new videos soon!

Edit: P.S. I forgot he links to a lot of his great info in his signature, so be sure to check those out where you see his posts.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/82039-not-cycling-high-brass-help-a-newbie-out/&do=findComment&comment=825101

Edited by SGL
  • Like 2

I fitted the Magpul AK MOE handguard to my saiga 12. It required removal of the heat shield and a fair amount of milling to open up the slot, plus drilling a hole for the front screw and trimming the tab that fits in the receiver. It looks awesome.

• Like 1

Hi Fitty!  It's good to see you back around here.   I've always enjoyed your videos.

It's not all that exciting of an idea, but it might be interesting to see what kind of groups you can get with different brands of slugs out of an S12.

I've experimented with different loads and have see wildly different results.

My next idea is even less exciting, but if you want to help out the largest number of S12 owners out there, you can go through and read a bunch of GunFun's posts and turn that knowledge into a video on what birdshot loads they can expect their guns to run and what to do if the guns won't cycle them.  As he often points out, new users should be using 3 dram loads as a baseline for what the gun should run and they need to methodical about making changes until they get it running right instead of buying lots of gizmos and then posting FTE threads.  

(here's a link to get you started https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asaiga12.com+gunfun+3+dram&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=gunfun+3+dram+site:forum.saiga-12.com )

You can keep your viewers intrigued by interspersing cool shots of mag dumps and stuff getting blown up, but I personally enjoy the informational side of YouTube a lot more than the eye candy, so that's something to keep in mind.   You'll get more views if you put a chick in bikini shooting watermelons, but from your past videos, I've seen that you can be a good teacher.

Looking forward to seeing new videos soon!

Edit: P.S. I forgot he links to a lot of his great info in his signature, so be sure to check those out where you see his posts.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/82039-not-cycling-high-brass-help-a-newbie-out/&do=findComment&comment=825101

Plus 1 ^

• Like 1

I think it would be interesting to do something based off of what SGL has said about groupings, but add a little twist to it. Get your hands on a Paradox Choke and see how it performs. I've never seen any videos on one or with one:

IMG_1923web.jpg

^^ That's exactly what I was going to say

Im going to look this choke up now

I'd want to see some sides of beef or pork versus various rounds from target loads to slugs. to me seeing what rounds can do to meat or other soft targets is pretty damn fun.

• Like 1

I think it would be interesting to do something based off of what SGL has said about groupings, but add a little twist to it. Get your hands on a Paradox Choke and see how it performs. I've never seen any videos on one or with one:

IMG_1923web.jpg

^^ That's exactly what I was going to say

Im going to look this choke up now

Doesn't have to be that one. Any rifled choke is fine. Either get a winchoke adapter and the winchoke/browning invector threaded rifled choke of your preference, or get another guy we know in florida to put in some remchoke threads and then get a remchoke threaded paradox.

I'd want to see some sides of beef or pork versus various rounds from target loads to slugs. to me seeing what rounds can do to meat or other soft targets is pretty damn fun.

Must be your are clueless as to the price of meat. 

• Like 1

I was actually wanting to do this to a half of a pig.

• Like 1

The best stuff you will see on that was done by "brobee 223." -If you want useful info, rather than just huge splats. Of course more video is better, but no sense duplicating what other people have done, unless you can add to the information or cover something they haven't.

• Like 2

Hundreds of Zombies attacking and over whelming a small USA town and just one very nice looking barely clad young lady has the courage to open her Uncles gun safe and pull out a heavily modified S12 with ALL the mags and drums ... pre loaded of course.

Then she grits her teeth, throws out her chest, (very nice) and proceeds to mow down the aforementioned hundreds of crazed lethal Zombies.  Lots of graphic visual action with sound effects.  A smoking hot S12.  Keeps on ticking.  Just crazy me here.

• Like 2

I'm not, I was operating on the idea that OP has FU money. Believe me, if I had the money I'd much rather do it myself but I'm not internet famous. If I overestimated OP's finances I apologize.

Please do, I'm curious about what some shot sizes would do to flesh and bone.

The best stuff you will see on that was done by "brobee 223." -If you want useful info, rather than just huge splats. Of course more video is better, but no sense duplicating what other people have done, unless you can add to the information or cover something they haven't.

I think I saw that, not in a place to fact check this very moment but the one that springs to mind is a somewhat non-charismatic fellow shooting a pig half with birdshot and then saying that it would kill someone, despite the common "for the birds" joke.

I do see your point but if you are a far more interesting person you could redo other's videos and do them better. Though "bring something new" could include "being interesting".

• Like 1

I'm not, I was operating on the idea that OP has FU money. Believe me, if I had the money I'd much rather do it myself but I'm not internet famous. If I overestimated OP's finances I apologize.

Please do, I'm curious about what some shot sizes would do to flesh and bone.

I think I saw that, not in a place to fact check this very moment but the one that springs to mind is a somewhat non-charismatic fellow shooting a pig half with birdshot and then saying that it would kill someone, despite the common "for the birds" joke.

I do see your point but if you are a far more interesting person you could redo other's videos and do them better. Though "bring something new" could include "being interesting".

One could also be seen as a mentally ill person. Do you go to theaters often?

• Like 1

Nonliving flesh and bone, I will restate as admittedly that caveat is an important one. I made the mistake of searching "birdshot wound" on google images and have been trying to unsee the images of folks who got shot or shot themselves with birdshot. 

Pig side shows me what it'd do to someone if I had to defend myself with my saiga in my home without the mind scarring of actually having to see some dude who had his sternum cored out or worse things which I'd really like to forget. 

I want to see what they'd do to a non-human human substitute so if I know what is and isn't reliable for disabling an attacker.

• Like 1

The pig video is definitely on the list of videos to do......just have to plan it out well. I might even through in some drywall for the effects of birdshot used in home defense. Along with buck & slugs.

Perhaps you could use a live pig, then fill your freezer with the meat. big_smile.gif

• Like 1

The pig video is definitely on the list of videos to do......just have to plan it out well. I might even through in some drywall for the effects of birdshot used in home defense. Along with buck & slugs.

Perhaps you could use a live pig, then fill your freezer with the meat. big_smile.gif

I doubt that that would go over very well.

Nope. An offensive stereotype of a canadian- which is to say an inhumanly nice seeming guy.

1) using a selection of good quality slugs and buckshot of calibrated gel at the right temperatures, and all other protocol variables proper, noted and recorded. 2) using some of the ammo above on his annual food hunts. Filming effect 3) showing the actual shot paths through the meat as he preps the food. 4) giving very well thought out conclusions.   One of these conclusions is that a lot of popular deer slugs would be very poor at dealing with bears.

Something like this...........

https://youtu.be/5cMFEzH77cA

I for one am not all interested in seeing Fitty in that outfit.  What was the point of this video?  Was this for consumers suggesting that they need to run a chisel on the inside of their AGP mags before using them or was this some sort of employee training video?

Edit: Embedded video

Edited by SGL
  • Like 1