MD arms drum ?

I am sure it has been covered but can't seem to find in the faq on here or the MD arms site. If I load about 10-12 rounds in my drum everything works fine but if I load more then the spring won't even push the rounds up to be fed. With the drum out of the gun anything over 12 rounds will stay down in the drum and not rise up to the feed lips. I am not sure which way to go with this. My instinct says it needs more spring tension but why would it feed fine with less rounds and thus less loaded spring tensions. What am I missing?

Thanks.

lol.

I down-sprung mine last night to 2 1/2 turns, when I took it apart last night it spun during a momentary lapse and while I don't know what it was turned to originally it definitely wasn't three as it didn't line up to the follower. Seems more than stiff enough on 2 1/2 for #8 fully loaded.

There IS a lot of flashing inside on the seams I only reduced what seemed potentially troublesome. Will hopefully get to test it soon.