Recently purchased a used AK-74 from M+M.  Its in good shape, the hand guards are pretty solid.  It does a a different looking front sight block, but thats a whole different issue.  Just wondering what you folks know about these rifles.

post-46614-0-83369500-1439515545_thumb.jpg

Edited by reid17

Well it is clear that very little is known about this rifle. I am curious about the gas block and what type I can purchase as a back up.  I will be restoring this little beast and plant to put either wood or arsenal style furniture on her.  Again, any help what so ever on this rifles reputation would be awesome. I can not for the life of me find much out.  I would like to know what type of Romanian AK-74 it was modeled after and such.  Thanks again fellas.

Well I don't have one, but online there are some reviews you can come across. You'll have to search the actual model number which I believe should be the M+M M10 545. Seem like they have some good reviews, if you take into account the occasional mag fitment issues people reported seems like a fairly safe investment. Reading some of the google info that popped up looks like there are no plans to import the 5.45 version so it may become a classic if it runs well and lasts long enough. Good luck with it

I have a 7.62 M&M and its a great rifle. HG is made by UTG.

The AK variant manufactured by F.A.C. Cugir is imported to Colorado. The rifles are disassembled then re-assembled into their current configuration in strict adherence to 922R compliance requirements and M+M’s strict quality controls. To meet the requirements, the company manufactures and replaces foreign components with M+M’s high quality U.S. manufactured parts. The result of this endeavor is the M10™ series of rifles, including the vaunted M10-762™ rifle; a brand that has had considerable success in the marketplace and has received very favorable reviews across the industry and general public.

In 2014, through a collaborative effort, a design for a new type of rifle began to take shape. Relying on the experience obtained through the M10™ venture and the founder’s engineering and aerospace manufacturing knowledge, a new rifle design emerged utilizing technologies and materials not previously used in the manufacture of firearms of this type. This approach led to the design embracing a minimalistic approach to the number of parts used in creating a complete firearm. The new rifle, designated the M10X™, is revolutionary.

In addition to production of the M10X™, M+M, Inc. also produces accessories such as trigger groups, muzzle brakes, magazine release lever kits and other replacement or improved parts for AK rifles. M+M, Inc.™ is constantly searching for new ways and products to enhance the firearms 

Edited by Jet

So far I've only cleaned the crap out of it.  Rust in places it should not have had.  The previous owner was not kind to it.  Im waiting to get a front sight post from apex but Im wondering if I can install it without the fancy tool.  The wag wobble is ok, not too terrible.  Im excited to shoot it.  My son is getting me a 

POSP 4x24 Rifle Scope, 1000m Rangefinder to go with it.  I will post more when I can. The additional 1500 rounds of surplus 7n6 ammo only sweetened the deal. 

For some reason mine did not come with the fancy pistol grip lol.  The guy who had it before me did not take very good care of it.  Im going over it very slowly and taking my time.  I ordered the new front sight post, and I suppose I will need to get a front sight adjustment tool.  Im going to order another gas tube and probably a bolt as a back up just in case.  

So far I've only cleaned the crap out of it.  Rust in places it should not have had.  The previous owner was not kind to it.  Im waiting to get a front sight post from apex but Im wondering if I can install it without the fancy tool.  The wag wobble is ok, not too terrible.  Im excited to shoot it.  My son is getting me a 

POSP 4x24 Rifle Scope, 1000m Rangefinder to go with it.  I will post more when I can. The additional 1500 rounds of surplus 7n6 ammo only sweetened the deal. 

Be careful with that 7N6. It may have the rust due to the previous owner neglecting to clean after corrosive ammo was used. Clean up what you can and fix their neglect and she'll be happy with you I'm sure

I have heard that as well.  I can get Russian Army Standard here locally for a decent price.  180 rounds for 51 dollars.  It seems that the rifle I have gotten is a rare find so to speak.  Not many of the 5.45 74s were imported.  I wonder If I can put a bulgarian bolt into it if need be?

Not sure on the locking lug pattern between the two but if it does match you're going to want to have that head-spaced if you swap bolts

Edit: Looks like Romanian bolts have shorter Lugs so you likely wouldn't have the bolt be interchangeable with the Bulgy without some serious work

Edited by VR6Shooter