Zenit rail system worries

Hey guys , new to the AK world. I'm building my first izmash saiga and I want to use the Zenit rail system. I've done some reading on this system and it seems to be the way to go. The only part that worries me is the minor fitting. Does anyone have experience with this rail system and installing it on a saiga and how much "minor fitting" is necessary. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have converted over from the AR world and have gone the AK route. Please help with this journey, I need all the guidance I can get

Fitting can be as mild as a little filing, to as major as getting out the dremel. I have not used the Zenit, but have used a few others. Each AK is unique were one might require fitting another may not.

Get your parts and see how they fit up. Look for anything that may hang up each part as it goes on. Just takes a little patience and thought. I f you get stumped post a pic of the issue and the smart ones will help you.

If you are "handy" with small tools you are going to love the AK platform and everything it offers.

Minor differences in AKs means minor customizations depending on the parts.

It's not a plug-and-play experience but, you can be proud of the work you put into it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...