Sorry no pics atm.

I got a nef sp1 super super cheap from a pawn shop awhile ago. The previous owner had let the bore rust up and broke off the forarm lug. After chopping the barrel to 18.25", moving the sight bead, de-rusting everything and welding on a new lug I made I feel it's a great truck gun. But now I think I want it even shorter then it is but still have a legal length shotty without having to SBS the thing. I would also like a useable length stock...is the butt igly "m4" style colapsable stock from ATI my only option? Having a pistol grip on a hammer long-gun seems awkward and stupid

Edited by Barnett3006

For a single barrel shotgun, especially with a hammer, do you really need a fancy pistol grip stock setup? You could cut a few inches off the wood stock if you really wanted it short I guess. Just remember, it's a cheap simple beater gun, make sure you KISS.

• Like 1

For a single barrel shotgun, especially with a hammer, do you really need a fancy pistol grip stock setup? You could cut a few inches off the wood stock if you really wanted it short I guess. Just remember, it's a cheap simple beater gun, make sure you KISS.

That's why I'm asking, because I DONT want a pistol grip on a hammer gun.

Do something like the snake Charmer. https://www.google.com/search?q=snake+charmer+410&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=643&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMIzoXsyd6wxwIVQzKICh2d_gTe#imgrc=jGzGJlrY2C_JvM%3A

Keep in mind that NEF made a survival nickel takedown version of your gun that is basically that but somehow indefinably awkward in every way.

Unlike the snake charmer, which while cheap is undeniably charming. If you use one made before they put that horrible rotary safety on the side, it is a .410 that patterns decent and is shot like a pistol, single hand, straight arm. Incredibly natural way to shoot at stuff in the air.  I've killed a lot of pests with those. My uncle machined a solid aluminum grip with a thin  L shape coming out of the bottom to give it the legal length and a "stock". I liked this even better than the original plastic grips which are OK, but the top bar of the thumbhole gets in the way of the thumb. Also the casting lines need dressed, otherwise the grip halves will annoy your hand.