The first was my neighbors boat that got blown into the lake by a storm.

The second was earlier today when a ski boat hit the reef guarding our bay.  He went home with a lower unit in pieces.

The third was a sailboat that got caught in the same reef tonight.  The guy called the sheriff and they brought the patrol boat in to try and tow him off.  The deputies got their tow line caught in the props.  I then went inside to put on my wetsuit.  As I got done, the deputies had one engine free and tried towing the sailboat with the one engine.  Only one problem!  They tried towing the sailboat across the reef!!!  I then walked out to the point and got in the water as they tried a second attempt only stopping when the thunk of prop on a rock was heard.  The sailboat was trapped on three sides and had to be backed out.  The sheriff's boat while recovering to pull the sailboat backwards bounced across a the shallowest  part of the reef.  I thought they would lose both engines from the bangs I was hearing.  Before they could get the line tight I was able to push the sailboat free and start getting him turned to sea.

• Like 1