Installed ALG AKT trigger in Converted Saiga12 SBS. It works.

It took about 2.5 hours, and was actually pretty easy with only material removal required. Works fine after 100rd through it and no trigger problems or multiple-fire conditions. 

PowerPoint of the Mods 

NOTE: If you do this, you are taking the risk that it won't work - with all that the warning entails with regard to potential injury/death from a malfunctioning firearm. Since I don't know your skill level, I make no claims that you will have my success/luck. That, and with the variation in Saiga construction, your mod requirements/mileage may vary. If you are not confident that you can do this yourself, be safe and take your weapon to a qualified gunsmith. 

The files below are the interferences I ran into and two shots of the assembled weapon.  The linked Powerpoint shows them as well, and how I addressed them.  Last slide has a short vid of it working.

-Trashcan101 

post-50600-0-39358000-1440353393_thumb.jpg

post-50600-0-69075900-1440353394_thumb.jpg

post-50600-0-38485000-1440353396_thumb.jpg

post-50600-0-01840500-1440353398_thumb.jpg

post-50600-0-41978500-1440353399_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

It took about 2.5 hours, and was actually pretty easy with only material removal required. Works fine after 100rd through it and no trigger problems or multiple-fire conditions. 

PowerPoint of the Mods 

NOTE: If you do this, you are taking the risk that it won't work - with all that the warning entails with regard to potential injury/death from a malfunctioning firearm. Since I don't know your skill level, I make no claims that you will have my success/luck. That, and with the variation in Saiga construction, your mod requirements/mileage may vary. If you are not confident that you can do this yourself, be safe and take your weapon to a qualified gunsmith. 

The files below are the interferences I ran into and two shots of the assembled weapon.  The linked Powerpoint shows them as well, and how I addressed them.  Last slide has a short vid of it working.

-Trashcan101 

Could I make a video of this info and give you credit?

• Like 1

PowerPoint of the Mods 

-Trashcan101 

Could I make a video of this info and give you credit?

Go for it, brah.  If you can link your vid here or in a new post, that'd be cool.  The idea is to get the info out there.  I already sent it to Charlie at ALG at his request.

Next mod will be getting the AKT into a VEPR 7.62x54R.  Not as easy as the Saiga.

Edited by trashcan101
  • Like 1

Looks like a Tapco hammer in the fourth pic. Did you decide not to use the ALG hammer? If so, why not? It can work it just takes a lot more modification. Just curious.

I used the entire FCG and it runs extremely well. It took a lot more work than what you are showing. I can't post the video here though. Search ALG AKT on youtube and it should be within the first 10 results. I have another video coming of 100 rounds of bulk ammo in MD-20s in an 8" SBS with that FCG as soon as I can get some trigger time.

• Like 1

I didn't want to show all of what it takes to be left with an ideal FCG and at the same time I didn't want to lead people in without enough info to do it 100% right. Sometimes there is more than meets the eye with things like this. Can you upload that video to youtube? I'm sure I'm not the only one who can't open the file. I'd love to see it and what ammo you are running with it. I'm going on about 300 rounds with the weapon in my video and about to put the final 100 or so on it before I decide it is GTG.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I never tested the one I installed before I worked it. I made it shorter and smoother, so I really can't say exactly what it was like simply modified for use in a Saiga 12. However, I can tell you it is definitely a better starting point than a Tapco G2 and the result I achieved after working it was worth it.

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Looks like an entire Tapco FCG to me. Sure you didn't just accidentally use the wrong pic?

Oy.  I know you want this to be a complicated and mysterious process the secrets of which only you know, but the fact is that it's easy and anyone with a Saiga 12, a AKT trigger kit, and a Dremel tool can do it.  I'm not an idiot and I didn't use the wrong photos.  Modding an ALG AKT trigger setup to fit and operate properly in a Saiga 12 is a straightforward and simple thing to do.  Disassmble, bit of Dremel work, reassemble, and you're done.  I've done it twice and the second time took about 45 minutes, is how easy it is.  If you will just look at the Powerpoint I provided above, like apparently everyone but you has done, you'll see how I did it, step by step.  There are more pictures in there.  Powerpoint viewers are free, just go get one.  Executive Summary: Whatever, kid, this method works and you're welcome to use it.