Armed Forces of The Philippines Defers Remington M4 Distribution/Defec

Here Is an article from my former newspaper. I will defer from commenting for now in favor of you guys who would obviously know much more about Remington than me.-rastamanila

Is the "Defect" a Minor or Major Thing? Is it a Game Changer?

http://www.mb.com.ph/afp-defers-acceptance-distribution-of-m4-assault-rifles-due-to-defects/

It's great they are inspecting and making sure their troops get the right thing. Wish our military would do that more

Well Sadly; this comes as a Backdrop to more Serious Things...

...The Questionable Purchase of 1979 Soviet Design Polish Swidnik Sokol Helicopters where our M-60's cannot be mounted by the doors and one Brand New One has already crashed in Maguindanao and was TOTALLED (I think it was overloaded; my Safety Officer Pilot Friend said "Let's just say this thing wasn't 'Made In The USA' when I asked about the nature of the Failure of what is In Fact a Brand New Utility Helicopter...

...Then there is the Equally Serious and Highly Questionable Corruption-Tainted Purchase of 21 USED German-Version Hueys from a certain Rice Industries in CommieFornia...

...The allegations were that ONLY 2 of the 7 Delivered so far could fly...an official has said the choppers were not "Mission Capable"...Another allegation is that the Fuel Tanks are not Self-Sealing and would probably explode if shot at....Yet Another Allegation is that these choppers are not parts compatible with our existing Hueys...

...The order has since been CANCELLED...none of this would have happened had it not been for the reportage of my fellow journalists...

The good thing is we have got and have coming some Brand-New Hueys and AW-109s for our Air Force, Navy, and Coast Guard....

Edited by rastamanila
  • Like 2

Looks to me like they made a contract under US law and were using the article 2 "nonconforming goods" process to just make remington give them the quality they paid for. This can automatically give the supplier more time to fix the goods and offer them back.

Sights are pretty minor, especially considering that every modern firearm should have an optic on it for primary use.

• Like 1