Walmart to Quit Selling AR-15s, Claims Decision ‘Not Political’

Just months after winning against a Trinity Church lawsuit designed to force Walmart to quit selling AR-15s and “high capacity” magazines, Walmart corporate says it will quit selling AR-15s of its own accord.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/25/walmart-to-quit-selling-ar-15s-claims-decision-not-political/

That's fine, there are a billion sources of AR's.

Bring on the cheap .308 and .30-06 rifles.

Weren't they stocking Sig rifles for a while?

The left will be jumping up & down like they won something on this.

Idiots.

• Like 4

Walmart in my town doesn't sell any firearms period. They have a very limited ammo selection, mainly cheap 12 gauge shells.

I don't even bother to venture down that one isle the rare occasion I may be there.

Great place for stocking up on shit paper and Valvoline though.

• Like 2

That's fine, there are a billion sources of AR's.

Bring on the cheap .308 and .30-06 rifles.

Weren't they stocking Sig rifles for a while?

The left will be jumping up & down like they won something on this.

Idiots.

SPARTACUS,

YES, I SNATCHED-UP THE ONLY 556R MY LOCAL W-MART EVER HAD.

THEY HAD PLENTY IN 5.56 THOUGH.

JESS1344

• Like 1

Wal Mart is in it for the money?  Nothing more.  Rumour had it that they at one time would come in to a big gun maker and offer to buy all of the second rate production?  Was this true with Ruger?  Particularly 10-22 "seconds".  I will ask a buddy who had a bunch of Ruger Stock.  He would be the kind of guy who would go to the stock holders convention and out right ask those questions.  Same with Butler Creek 25 rd red lip standard 10-22 mags?  They were buying seconds or special production runs?  I dunno.   I for one only hit Wal Mart infrequently and Buy Mart more often.  HB

British Speell Chzk.  Lenix Mint 17.  Firefox.  Ahh ... the spoken and written English language.  Cousins across the sea separated by a common language. 

Edited by HB of CJ

I like walking into Walmart and seeing all of the guns.

If they aren't selling a product they will stop stocking it!

The last time I was there (a week ago) I was eyeing a 5.56 M-4 for $650+ (I prefer the original longer barrels though).

Sad. Just one less place I can buy that rifle without the "sales pitch".

Not much of an article.

Edited by Sim_Player

ARs aren't selling well lately. They won't be losing much.

That's what I was going to say. Walmart is all about profit. Right now the market is flooded. Particularly the casual AR buyer market , because a lot of those guys recently panic bought way over priced guns, and a fair number of them bought a cheap one too, when prices came back down.

• Like 2

how cheap is their cheap 12ga ammo? I've not really ever shopped their much so I'm wondering.

I pay like $21 for 100 rounds of 7 1/2 shot 3DR federal never tried the winchester 12ga but I do buy the winchester Value packs of 9mm and .45acp for target practice. best price for basic ball ammo around here, and say what you will about wal-mart they don't price gouge in panics like all the LGS around here do so that gets some money from me.

I agree with the idea that its just not selling at the right price for them, will be just shotguns bolt guns and .22's from here on out I assume

• Like 1

They had a bunch of 1/2 price guns at some of the Walmarts in Michigan.  I bought a Mossberg 930 semi auto 12 ga for $250, I also picked up a scoped Savage Axis II XP with the acu-trigger for $200, best part of that one was it has a $50 rebate!  I also saw the had sold a pardner pump 12 for $98 and they had sold some Windhamm AR's for $350 and a few other deals.

• Like 2

how cheap is their cheap 12ga ammo? I've not really ever shopped their much so I'm wondering.

Federal Multi-purpose and Winchester Universal 100 round bulk packs are under $22 here in NE FL. Winchester AA 25 round packs are $8. So, if the weapon will run bulk ammo the user saves about $10 per 100 rounds if shopping at Walmart for blasting ammo. Remington Sluggers are usually priced well there too. The greatest direct effect that Walmart has on me is that I spend less money if I shop there, so I shop there. They do a lot of things that I don't like, but those things have a much less significant effect on me, so I shop there.

• Like 3

Wallmart is an abomination.  I avoid them whenever it is possible. Last thing I bought there was a chrome book that was discounted from $235 down to $99 with a $50 gift card thrown in. Gave the gift card to my impovereshed daughter. Making actual cost $49. When I can get a loss leader that good, I WILL buy there but not buy anything there that they make a profit on if I can help it!

I pay like $21 for 100 rounds of 7 1/2 shot 3DR federal never tried the winchester 12ga but I do buy the winchester Value packs of 9mm and .45acp for target practice. best price for basic ball ammo around here, and say what you will about wal-mart they don't price gouge in panics like all the LGS around here do so that gets some money from me.

I agree with the idea that its just not selling at the right price for them, will be just shotguns bolt guns and .22's from here on out I assume

Funny you should say that. I generally make my own ammo, but sometimes people want me to pick up ammo for them, etc. So I keep an eye on stuff like that. so far every time I check there is something like blazer or rem/umc 50 pack that is cheaper per round than the bulk packs from winchester or rem every single time. Same thing at walmart. it's been at least 2 years since I've even seen the bulk packs be the same cost per round as a 50 pack over here.

This just showed up in my inbox. Walmart straight up says they are nixing anything "tactical"  http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/08/25/wal-mart-abandons-ar-15-shooters-good/

my friends, the reason why I posted article was to give a heads up on WalMart's deep discount on any AR's or semi autos left in their stores

I posted on the "what have you bought lately" thread my last purchase...!!!

maybe you should look at some of the other stores further out for a " DEAL "

Chille has some gift certificates burning a hole in his pocket, hoping he comes back with a " Deal "

I just want to cause fun explosions of soda for cheap, and since target loads are the least expensive rounds I plan to use them. But as far as shooting paper I'd like larger rounds.