Im sure this has been discussed before, but wtf. It's fun.

You're getting ready to bug out for whatever crazy ass scenario. (Use your imagination.) But you need to be getting the fuck outta dodge like now.

You have enough time and room to grab one long gun, and one handgun.

What do you pack?

Me? My WASR 10/63 and my CZ 75B.

Why? Reliability, familiarity, popular round chamberings.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, cause real tough guys don't talk about zombies.  Real tough guys are too grown up to talk about zombies.  Real tough guys swear at people who talk about zombies.  Cause they're real tough guys.

The best SHTF rifle? the one I pry from your dead fingers after my tribe of cannibal outlaws raid your shit because you posted your location, all the SHTF weapons and supplies you have on hand and all

Zombies are typically portrayed as brainless beings who destroy and devour the rest of humanity.   In other words, the apocalypse has already started and DC is overrun.

Posted Images

Probably a basic 5.56mm AR and a 9mm full size glock. Not the most powerful, but they are both extremely common for ammo, mags and parts and have a good reliability record. They can hold plenty of ammo and it's small and lightweight so you can pack more of it.

Are these my overall preferred firearms? No, they're just the best ones for the situation.

Edited by Heartbreaker

One long gun and one.... Shit! Okay, Barret M82a1CQ and S&W 500.

haha.gif  Kidding of course.

I'll have a 5.56 AR-15 1/7 twist carbine with a Vortex Razor 1-6x24 on American Defense QD 30mm single piece cantilever mount, .30 cal suppressor, Surefire, one of the many freefloat picatinny rails (probably 12"), Harris 6-9 bipods on a American Defense QD bipod mount, KAC BUIS, don't really care what stock, but not the M4 stock (it likes to grab facial hairs). For a handgun .... Well, do machine pistol-ish things count? If so, I'll take the Cobray M11a1, which hopefully has the Lage slowfire upper by that time, which also converts it to 9mm, with an Aimpoint Micro T1, Ti-Rant .45 suppessor, ACE folding stock, and a few other odds and ends. If not, Glock 19 with aforementioned Ti-Rant .45, Trijicon tritium suppressor sights, Surefire, etc.

These are what I think would fit most any role.

More firepower, please. bad_smile.gif

• Like 1

Done many times but still fun pondering and such.  Too many variables.  Too many dynamics things happening concurrently.  I for one would forego any handguns or shotguns.  One rifle only.  But you must consider all angles.  I would grab my mundane Saiga 7.62x51 16 inch bbl. heavily modified AK47 type sporting rifle.  Lots of sporting.  Just me.  Others will not agree which is good.  This is assuming I am on foot with my trusty backpack.  Vehicle bug out would be different.  Stay at home different.  Up here it is now wildfire season which also makes a difference. Yikes!

I'm probably not going to be able to go anywhere (given my location, an island with a bridge). So my plan is to bug in, if I can.

Worst case scenario, being bordered by the ocean (west) and a mountain range (east) and if nuke targets (south), my only option would be to go into Canada (1 1/2 hours (@ 60 mph) north).

In a pinch I would load up people, animals, food, ammo and guns and head north.

47, 74, and .45, to answer your question.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

I would roll the safe into my 6 x 12 enclosed trailer and put the ammo on the other side , to balance it out of course . I would drive 15 mins down the road to my extended family . scoped 308's for the actual hunters in the group and scoped ar's for the ladies . the saiga's with open sights if they get to close . I refuse to leave my Golden Tiger and Hornady behind . Then I would come back and get my cattle , atv's and other stuff . Dead end road ends at the river , cut down 1 tree and they have to walk a mile and a half to get there . What happens in the country stays in the country !

• Like 1

THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!

amazing.gif

haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif

Seriously though, I'm not going anywhere, so I'll have all my stuff. For procurement I will take whatever the situation warrants. 

• Like 3

Bug in for me. You have to cross open range TWICE to get here, so between deer and cattle there is no food shortage. The road in is easily defended by a single AK with a 75rd drum. Everyone  around here is well armed and not shy about defending  our little piece of heaven!

For the homestead, 03-A3 for long work,S-308 for controll of the road , AK intermediate, S-12 for 100 yard or less 9MM pistol for up close, and AR-7 and others for .22LR 'grocery getters'.

• Like 4

Bug in for me. You have to cross open range TWICE to get here, so between deer and cattle there is no food shortage. The road in is easily defended by a single AK with a 75rd drum. Everyone  around here is well armed and not shy about defending  our little piece of heaven!

For the homestead, 03-A3 for long work,S-308 for controll of the road , AK intermediate, S-12 for 100 yard or less 9MM pistol for up close, and AR-7 and others for .22LR 'grocery getters'.

It sounds like you made a good move!

• Like 1

Hello

With two-point-brazillian- somethin' .40 cal. rounds having been distributed amongst various federale groups, I'm betting there's gonna be a bunch o' surplus .40 floatin' around.

While I would much prefer a 7.62 x somethin' long gun, for practicality I reckon it would be a 5.56 (for bug-out).

So, AR-15 and Beretta Storm .40.

JMHO.....

Guido in Houston

10.5" suppressed AR

Glock G22 and a 9mm conversion barrel, G17 mag, and G17 recoil assembly. The parts/mag I need to fire an additional caliber weigh very little and will fit in a two pistol mag pouch.

6.5" S12 is compact and light enough that I feel it would be worth it to carry it slung over the back. If I run across some 12ga ammo I can use it, if need be.

Shotguns would be a poor bug-out weapon. Low capacity and range, loud, ammo is heavy and bulky.

Very useful if you are in an area with lots of small game though. A shotgun shell is easier to carry than a fridge.

• Like 3

Shotguns would be a poor bug-out weapon. Low capacity and range, loud, ammo is heavy and bulky.

Very useful if you are in an area with lots of small game though. A shotgun shell is easier to carry than a fridge.

But you sure can carry bulk .22LR

But then again each us will have different situations and ideas

• Like 2

It all depend on which fictious scenario. In general, I'd want the guns I like to use anyway.

My preference for almost everything would be a tavor in 300 BO with a can on it.possibly a Mystic.  A 9mm kit for it and your choice of 9mm pistol. Suppressor for same.

If I had to use what I have right now, and it is where I live, nothing around my house is out of shotgun range, and my shotguns are more effective tools than my rifles. The next choice would actually be the hi point. It may be objectively a POS, but I can carry a lot of ammo for it, shoot it effortlessly, and quickly.

If I were to have to go up to the mountains or the desert around me, it would be the saiga, for foraging. 

If I am playing red dawn, I think I am hosed. Nothing I have is appropriate for a sustained long range fight. I could probably do well enough with what I have to procure a fighting carbine though, assuming I didn't instantly die like most people really do.

I'm just going to pray to god and he will make everything ok for me and I will have no worries.

After all since god has created a infinity number of stars and galaxies he sure will have time enough to

answer just my prayers alone…………….right.       021.gif 021.gif 021.gif 021.gif laugh.png

But seriously, in a worst case scenario, I will take multiple sharp blades over bullets any day of the week.

post-46572-0-13096700-1440629408_thumb.png

post-46572-0-88437000-1440629418_thumb.png

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH

Yeah, I mean my choice is kinda made for me: M57 Tokarev and S12. And to the point of probably dying I kinda go with what Greg Gutfeld always says: there will be more zombies than survivors so why not just become a zombie and join the winning team? 

I'm a soft, fair-skinned, anime dork who has no outdoor hobbies and pretty much despises the sun with a thriving passion. I'm 739 types of fucked if society breaks down and I doubt I'd really want to live in a 3rd world country equivalent.