I was proud to attend the reinlistment ceremony of a friend today.

He has 14 years in the US Navy and just signed on for his last 6 (his boss a Lt has 2.5 years in the Navy).

I felt like a happy dad (strange because I'm not old enough).

4 years was enough for me to start a family and then I got out.

I really respect you guys that stick with it. In all honesty, I couldn't see dealing with it for 20.

When I see any military uniform it brings back a flood of feelings.

In the service, I was proud and damn proud!

To all my brothers and sisters who have served and those who wish they could have, God Bless!

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 11

The career serviceman or woman is a breed unto their own. I am grateful there are those like him. I've known my share of lifers and my FIL was retired from the Air Force, having served in Viet Nam, and other SE Asian vacation spots.  A great bunch of people.

• Like 1

One of the happiest days of my life was taking my first oath of enlistment.  One of the worst was being called into my Company Commanders officer and being told that there was nothing more they could do for my foot and that I was being processed for medical discharge under Honorable conditions after nearly a decade and a half of service.  I tip my hat to anyone who was lucky enough to make it the full twenty.

• Like 1