Just a head's up before you leave your gun in your car outside a "Gun Free Zone".

http://bearingarms.com/gun-free-zone-laws-arming-criminals/

“When they go to a baseball game or an event at the convention center … they can’t take their weapons in with them and they leave them in cars,”Dotson said. “Criminals know there are guns in cars and they break into cars.”

No stickers on any of my vehicles including dealers names.

I've been  against states putting county names on license plates all of my adult life.

It just tells thieves you are from out of town and a easy victim. Chances of you running into them again is almost nill.

• Like 3

This is why I don't have a "trunk gun." Many times I think I should have one, but my car is usually parked outside. Crooks these days don't hesitate to just smash windows or cause other damage just to see what might be in a car.

"Carrying deeper" isn't an option at my job, and it isn't very easy to just go find another job that is gun-friendly.

I do have a trunk gun but I do so in the full awareness that it could be stolen.  The fact that criminals exist is why I carry a gun.  I will not let the fact that criminals exist prevent me from protecting myself from criminals. 

• Like 5

Just had a break in to my garage / unfinished basement where my safe resides. Took several SOG knives and hatchets and a brand new chain saw. I suspect neighborhood teenage kids. Got cameras up now and starting security monitoring this week. They will be hurting if they try this crap again. I despise thieves.

• Like 4

Spacehog,

That's rotten shit, I know the feeling all too well. The whole good will towards men thing gets just a little harder to practice on days like that doesn't it?

Sounds like democrats that just decided to cut out the middle man.

Sooner or later they usually get what's coming to em?

• Like 2

Already on it GOB. The stuff is just that...stuff. What really pisses me off is the sense of security it has taken from my two girls. Now they don't want to be left at home by themselves. I can't wait until my oldest turns 18 and can get her CCP.

But we will be fine and this has been a good teachable moment for my girls. Sorry DS didn't mean to hijack this thread.

• Like 1

I would suspect local teens [ not pointing fingers ] , but why wouldn't they go thru the whole house , something like that sounds like kids ,  small stuff except for the saw . I know you have more valuable stuff than that pro thieves would have went for the good stuff change jars ,  x box's , TV's , the gun safe !If they are thugs they will be back . So be safe !

• Like 1

I would suspect local teens [ not pointing fingers ] , but why wouldn't they go thru the whole house , something like that sounds like kids , small stuff except for the saw . I know you have more valuable stuff than that pro thieves would have went for the good stuff change jars , x box's , TV's , the gun safe !If they are thugs they will be back . So be safe !

I guarantee you they did not spend more than a minute tops in the garage. They were kids. Otherwise a lot more stuff would have been taken.

However, to get this thread back on topic...I went to see War Room tonight with the family and probably half our church. It was a terrific movie. I don't go to the movies often.....but when I do.....I go heeled and concealed. Mine wasn't left out in the car. :)

Edited by Spacehog
  • Like 2