Trying to decide which .22LR pistol to buy

The Sig Mosquito is OK also, but be prepared to spend some time and effort tuning the thing to run with all ammo.  Speaking from personal observations, mine has been detailed stripped many times.  Lots of polishing, smoothing, fitting, spring change and lubing required.  The feed ramp sucked.  A total detail strip is difficult.  The gun is almost like a gun within a gun.  However ... if you can cuss in Swiss, then the threaded Bug Gun is for you.  The Elite Iron 6" Echo Can is great.  I have fired the Ruger SR22 and like it.  Left handed me.  Have owned the Ruger 45-22 and liked it also.  Good luck. HB.  All US Code Laws And NFA rules apply.  If I had to do it all again and I might, I would go with the Ruger SR22.

Browning Buck Mark Hunter or Ruger MKIII Hunter

Remove the front sight or move it back.

Turn down the barrel and thread.

Mount an RDS.

The Ruger will require a mount, the Browning comes with an integral mount.

They will be significantly more front heavy than a short barrel pistol, but damned fine for accuracy.

You can't beat a browning buckmark. Very accurate and great trigger!!!

Keep in mind Im only buying another .22 pistol only because I want a threaded barrel.

they make sr guns, called the whisper. 

lotsa reasons to love bm

-open slide design, debris fly clear

-mags spring out easier

-barrel comes out with one screw, makin changes easier

-disassembly is non required for cleaning, unlike ruger which can be annoying if you dont clean often to remmeber how to get the lil hang down in place :)

-can make grip adapters to run 1911 grips (some rugers 22/45s will too)

Ruger MKII or 22/45. Used, they can be had for cheap. $250-$300.  Mags and threaded barrels are easy to get. Reliable, accurate.

Or, if you don't want to thread it, a threaded muzzle coupling can be had for $35.

There's a bunch of threaded Ruger pistols on Gunbroker now, and a few already suppressed.

• Like 1

Ruger Mark III or 22/45 Lite. These are both great choices with a ton of aftermarket support. Drop a Volquartzen adjustable trigger and replace the magazine bushing and you will likely experience the best trigger ever on a handgun. Here are a couple of links from when I was asking the same question a couple of years ago. Lots of good suggestions:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/82171-sig-mosquito-versus-walther-p22-recommendations/

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/84083-22-pistol-suggestion/

Edited by Spacehog

The Sig Mosquito is OK also, but be prepared to spend some time and effort tuning the thing to run with all ammo.  Speaking from personal observations, mine has been detailed stripped many times.  Lots of polishing, smoothing, fitting, spring change and lubing required.  The feed ramp sucked.  A total detail strip is difficult.  The gun is almost like a gun within a gun.  However ... if you can cuss in Swiss, then the threaded Bug Gun is for you.  The Elite Iron 6" Echo Can is great.  I have fired the Ruger SR22 and like it.  Left handed me.  Have owned the Ruger 45-22 and liked it also.  Good luck. HB.  All US Code Laws And NFA rules apply.  If I had to do it all again and I might, I would go with the Ruger SR22.

I own a Mosquito and would not buy one again. Requires too much tweaking and is still picky about ammo in ways that make no sense - e.g. it will choke on Federal bulk but will run all day long on Rem Golden Bullet. Shame because it has great weight and ergos. Wife loves to shoot it so there's that.

I would rather buy a Ruger 22/45 after carrying and shooting one that a friend bought. Huge aftermarket, nicer ergos than the standard Mk series, and dead reliable.

Edited by mancat

The factory white dot adjustable sights on the SR Ruger 22 just clear the Elite Iron 6" Echo Can.  Higher sights with that model suppressor not necessary.  Barely.  The bug gun sites also clear ... just.  All US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply.  I was told to write that declaration when talking about NFA struff.  Legal here in SW OR.  Your laws may vary.

Did also shoot the Ruger 22-45 light weight threaded version with the Can.  My Can.  Her gun.  This might be a deal maker.  Ate up and spit out 100% 4 different types of cheap WW bulk ammo.  Winchester Wildcats, Federal brick ammo, M22 Winchester plated ammo and the forth type I can not remember right now.  Getting mentally feeble sucks, let me tell you.  All the ammo sounded just about the same through the can.  Our ears only.  Hope this helps.  HB.  Again, All US Code Laws And Constantly Changing Made Up NFA Rules Apply.  Wow.

Elite Iron Suppressors.  Expensive but nice.  Extremely quiet.  SS.  All parts available.  Comes apart for cleaning.  Full auto rated.

Edited by HB of CJ

Might I suggest sir considers a S&W 422 or vairaint. They feel like they always were supposed to have a suppressor. The thread adapter is not part of the barrel, but it only costs $26.

I have the SS target version, and a friend has the 422. It feels so good with a can on it, it would be my choice every time. except for the 2213 baby version.

One perk is that the bore is low and the sights are about a half inch higher. this means that every can is going to work fine with the stock sights.

Click here for a bunch of pics https://www.google.com/search?q=s%26W+422+suppressor&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=643&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMInq7qwJDZxwIVjaSICh3AcAKA