vertical grip with bipod recommendations

Are you referring to the Grip Pod?

P1170145-900x601.jpg

I see a lot of people use them, and I can see their purpose, but damn it I find them things ugly as sin. There has been ONE set I've seen that I would consider using (still unlikely), and I'm not even sure where he got them. The commercially available models use polymer legs, but these ones had all metal bipod construction.  Personally, I prefer Harris bipods on a QD American Defense bipod mount. Easy on, easy off, and very solid. You can also then use whatever vertical grip you want, provided you have the rail space.

Edited by forsaken352

anybody have one? anybody recommend one?

Looks fine and works great on the Saiga, if you like the versatile combination of a vertical grip and pod look at the actual grip pod model.By the way I have a Harris on a POF .308 with a quick disconnect from LA rue tactical....The pod is a good choice to use on a Saiga!

Edited by machinist

If a grip-pod is what you're after, make damn sure you're getting the real thing. There are so many chinese knockoffs floating around that break under minimal recoil its best to just pony up and get a gps-02--the military version with metal in the legs. I have one, but it was kind of a phase and now it doesnt live on any guns.

• Like 1

There's also the FAB/Mako T-pod. Big: fill large hands nicely. A bit pricey, also available with a light (I believe it's 100 lumens, momentary switch has to be held in) or housing to attach your own light.

The only thing I don't like about it is that you can grip it too low, hitting the lock buttons to de-couple the halves & drop the legs. Just need to train with it more, maybe.

Watch out for counterfeits with these, too. 

• 4 weeks later...