Jdeko: Troll Or Welcome Member??? What Say You???

I will admit there are times that the 25 year old female lesbian member of this forum has gotten under my skin.  The vast majority of what she does is post either lame or nonsensical items that have little or nothing to do with the topic at hand.  At various times she has admitted that she gets her kicks by rubbing people the wrong way.  Here is a specific example; in the "Random Picture Thread", I posted a series of nice pictures of beautiful women with an admonition towards Jdeko to lighten up on the crap she posts (post number 3702).  Immediately after she posts a cartoon with the tag, "delivering sweet hurt to every butt".  My assertion is this: Jdeko is a troll and should not be on this forum.

The definition of an internet troll from that most August source wikipedia: 

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl//ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3]

This is what Jdeko does to get her kicks and imho it is time it stops.  The purpose of this thread is to find out what the vast majority of members think -- should Jdeko stay or go?  Please give your response -- it can be as simple as "stay" or "go".  Of course it would be better to give your reasons.  It is my hope that after many people respond that the Mods will notice and take appropriate action to ban the troll...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fact this thread even exists demonstrates a problem that is becoming predominate in the country. If you dislike, disagree, or are offended by something, BAN IT! Flags, lifestyles, guns, clothes, w

We have lost LOTS of great members for various reasons..  vague polices, Vendor expectations, trolls, weapons bans and yes, DRAMA.. I have been involved in my share. I don't even post here any more..

I believe it was Juggs that posted this one on another thread that got out of hand and locked:     As much as I do not agree with JDeko's lifestyle, no he/she shouldn't be banned. Use the ignore

Posted Images

I do believe said thread is called the Random Picture Thread, not the hot women thread. How can you be angry with her random pictures in a random picture thread. I recommend the "Eye Bleach" thread on the AKfiles if you want a thread with 90% hot women.

Edit: If his/her posts were throwing legitimate thread of topic that's a different story. I haven't seen much of that.

Edited by Skoodge

I'd say neither. Ill go with a complete annoying nuisance that offers nothing constructive to this forum. I went on some decent rants about it until I finally realized you can completely block a member. Haven't seen any content from it in a while.

Can't imagine why anyone would want to stay around a forum they seem mostly unwelcome in. My only solution is it likes being a pain in the ass. Personally id like to see it gone as it offers no good advice and the off topic content pretty much annoys everyone. But it's a free world so its free to do what it wants. But this is makcs house and we play by his rules.

Guess this is one of those times I mention here and there that I'm not as good a Christian as I should be. Ah well something to work on.

Oh odd man. By the way, I think it's a guy who wants to be a girl but still is attracted to women. I don't have time to figure it out which is why I just call it an it.

Edited by fatty alcohol
  • Like 4

It is a random picture thread but I'd be a liar if I didn't admit some of her posts seem far out of place. Some of them I don't mind, some I do. Unfortunately I get to deal with real trolls on a regular basis so it doesn't bother me. Shit is what shit is. In a public park or a public forum it's easier just to step around it, I'm certainly not gonna take the time to clean it up if it doesn't belong to my bitch.

Fatty has the best solution to a simple problem, ignore it. :)

• Like 1

Stay

By your definition of "troll", Ben should be kicked of the forum long before JDeko.  Probably Gaddis too - some of the crap he posts makes me thow up a bit and that's quite a feat!....  

Granted; JDeko doesn't offer much to the discussion of Saiga's or AK's or firearms in general.  And the pictures JDeko posts aren't especially funny, interesting, on topic or thought provoking, but I see NO reason to kick someone outta here just because of that.  I have seen no fights started, heated arguments, flame wars or anyone called a "mouth-breathing fuck-tard" in any conversation involving JDeko. I also haven't seen where anyone was swindled out of money, goods or services by JDeko.

He/She is probably just bored and looking for attention, but has a passing interest in guns and shooting.  I mostly ignore the crap pics he/she posts and move on to the good stuff from Hawk and Dad and, sometimes (*sigh*) Gaddis...

Macbeau...

Edited by macbeau
  • Like 8

Odd, that question has been asked more than once about you. And me, since some here are not my fans.

But reading this thread I know who wins the trollphy this week.

• Like 3

The real question, since there seems to be some confusion and replies in this thread prove it, is what Jdeko's gender is.

But....it doesn't really matter now does it, since it has no effect on any of us besides curiosity.

I'd say no to the troll issue and agree with macbeau.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 2

Pretty much sums up my thoughts..

Stay

By your definition of "troll", Ben should be kicked of the forum long before JDeko.  Probably Gaddis too - some of the crap he posts makes me thow up a bit and that's quite a feat!....  

Granted; JDeko doesn't offer much to the discussion of Saiga's or AK's or firearms in general.  And the pictures JDeko posts aren't especially funny, interesting, on topic or thought provoking, but I see NO reason to kick someone outta here just because of that.  I have seen no fights started, heated arguments, flame wars or anyone called a "mouth-breathing fuck-tard" in any conversation involving JDeko. I also haven't seen where anyone was swindled out of money, goods or services by JDeko.

He/She is probably just bored and looking for attention, but has a passing interest in guns and shooting.  I mostly ignore the crap pics he/she posts and move on to the good stuff from Hawk and Dad and, sometimes (*sigh*) Gaddis...

Macbeau...

• Like 1

Gender ambiguous youngster who happens to have an interest in firearms seeking attention is my opinion. Sometimes an annoyance, but not enough to use the ignore function.  Actually funny or relevant once in a while.

Not everyone is the same, obviously. If Jdeko's posts are too much for you, by all means, use ignore, don't suffer in silence (or loudly [or loudly, whatthehell?]).

My 'cringe muscles' have been pretty well inured by some of  Gaddis' posts, but he seems to have the whole 'push the envelope & make folks cringe, without overdoing it'  thing down to a science.  I'd miss him if he left.  And, not everything I post is to everyone's taste, either. 

Jdeko has been sternly advised to tone it down in the past & seemed to take at least a little heed. Maybe he (she?) will choose to tone it down another notch or two & gain some measure of acceptance rather than tolerance. 

Finally, if dealing with internet forum posts outside my taste or comfort zone was my biggest problem, life would be grand. (It's actually OK to pretty good, but that's another story.)

• Like 7

Stay: And here are my reasonings.

1- ignore function is available

2- although his poor choice of self defense pistol is annoyingly brought up constantly, if peoples poor opinions got them kicked off here we'd lose a lot of people

3- his sexuality (whether confused or not) makes no difference to the forum unless you're actually trying to pick him up and are angry he doesn't have the correct hole

4- he may post stupid shit because he is young and inexperienced but without the assistance of those with more experience (and this forum has some good, informative, and experienced members) he will never know anything of value

I could probably come up with more but I don't see a reason to ban based on anything he does. If he is annoying just ignore and never worry about it again

• Like 7

Oh God really? Are we still competing for most troll filled drama queen forum on the whole interwebs OddManOut? Have you obviously forgotten your OWN rich history in the art of trolling here? (as mentioned above by another member, but I am sure has been felt by many...)

And referencing another post above.... WTF is up with the need for the same kind of drama that has driven more and more good members away from this place in the 11 years I've been a member than any other forum besides maybe barfcom (who's banned members seem to come straight to here where they can post all the drama they want without fear of getting banned.)??

It's 100% true and nobody can deny this fact. There are so many serious AK and Kalashnikov enthusiasts who won't dare come here it's pathetic. That isn't good for business OR the spread of knowledge guys. In fact many of our own forum vendors (MYSELF INCLUDED) have long ago either left or stopped posting anything at all non biz related because of this very fact. When I was a moderator here we started a special section for all that bullshit so the trolls could have their own stupid playground, it's called fight club. It's PW protected for a reason! That is so anytime some idiot wants to start a drama or hate thread they have a place to go do it where the general public or people with higher IQs that don't get their kicks with that shit do not have to look at or be embarrassed by it.

As far as the whole lynch mob mentality you are playing around with here, a public forum is exactly that. It's BY the public FOR the public. This is not your private survivor club where you get to vote people off the island. If you don't like the shit you see here then YOU leave.

Due to my many experiences with the trolls on this forum over the years, my own history of banning as many as possible until my mod privies were actually removed for it, and even getting banned myself THREE TIMES!!! (while I was a mod for crying out loud BEN LOL!!!) ...I am definitely NO stranger to what it's like to suddenly wake up one day and have a lynch mob after you here.

BTW I am also very familiar with what it's like AFTER a bunch of fucktards get together and get you banned because when it happened to me there were so many "BRING COBRA BACK NOW!!!!" threads that popped up it would make your head spin.

On bad mouthing other members with the intention of ruining them...for Christ's sake look at all the fucking damage that was done to my own good name everywhere on the web, and my reputation along with my fucking business because of that piece of shit fucktard PAULY and all his bullshit and troll friends (one who is still posting here and even in this thread), their behind the scenes as well as very public slander on here, lies and so much bullshit I won't even go there!!!

I say check yourself OMO.

As far as jdeko or whatever it is, if you can't ignore someone's stupidity on the internet you yourself have a serious problem. I know I have certainly ignored my own share on this forum. I could literally write a book on how much. If anything I can only say it seems like a very young kid who I have wasted FAR too much of my own time trying to help in PMs and has wasted my time again and again working me for info then still never followed up with an order. IDK if it's done the same with other vendors here but when it asked for something for free the last time that WAS the last time it will hear back from me.

Like I said I don't even waste the time any more reading most threads because of the drama. I learned it was best for me to just stay out of it all. When I do post and try to help people like I used to for years, some asshole always seems to pop up wanting to try and make me out to look bad or like I only want people's money. Well fuck them. Unfortunately look what that has done for the majority when myself and the other vendors get so sick of the trolls they stop posting anything that could be considered "free" knowledge...

2c.gif

<edit to add... anyone easily "offended" by profanity please excuse my french. Passionate guy here who has had enough of  BS drama so it shows sometimes...>

• Like 9

Knowing Cobra as well as I do.. Everyone on this forum should feel lucky to have him as an excellent source for free information and Best in the Business services that he provides.  Im not selling the guy..not trying to push sunshine up your asses either.. Just want you to step back and look at what Cobra just wrote.  He is speaking from the heart.. Trying to let you know what is going on with this forum...trying to help..like he always does.  When I joined this forum it wasn't because I needed more Drama in my life..Ill save that for the wife, kids and co-workers.  No!.. this forum is for all Saiga, Vepr, Ak etc,. minded people.  We share good ideas and information and try to stay on topic.. Period!  Why all the extra Drama and Troll Bullshit..?  Human nature I guess.  Fucking Sad.. you have the countries best Saiga/AK experts in your back pocket and still treat them like shit...!?  What comes around goes around!  Karma .. just look around at your lives.. Karma!  

• Like 1

J Deco is far from the worst lost soul around here. Sometimes they are amusing. I do however offer a piece of advice, and one that MANY people here or anywhere on the web shoud take to heart.

If more than one in ten of your posts on any forum contains pics or references to bronies, aname, LGBT, christian,or  any other dogma that has NOTHING to do with what that forum is about - then you really REALLY need an intervention. It would be best if you take yourself aside and give yourself one!

• Like 5

Augu! The internet has dissention and antagonism! I was told it was a safe place for my innocent young life where I could have a good time exchanging information with other fine people! I have been horribly deceived!

Welcome to the internet...

welcome-to-the-internet-they-will-be-you

OK, I'm disgusted with myself...

• Like 5

Live and let live.

It's just the internet after all.

I refuse to let a person on an internet forum raise my blood pressure.

+1 At least she isn't posting threads every day with something racial in the subject line. i.e. "White cop issues parking ticket!!!!!!"  (hint, if an action is outrageous regardless of race, why is it necessary to point it out EVERY time? And the converse.) I know a few of the people who are mad at Jdeko are missing a couple of guys that left, BigJohn and AArecovered. BigJohn even repeatedly and explicitly bragged about being racist. Most of the stuff I saw in the first post applied to them. They added very little constructive, and mostly posted things intended to start fights or irrelevant to guns. Then they would deliberately post a chain of skanky pictures to drown any thread that was actually about guns. Frankly, those guys were worse to me. They made us look bad every day and quite literally ran off a lot of people coming here for information who could have become good friends. Maybe some of you wish I would go away, but those guys were pretty close to driving me out. I didn't want my name associated with them, or firearms owners in general.

I haven't made up my mind how much of Jdeko is trolling or not, but I do think he or she is genuinely interested in guns, perhaps not well informed yet. I don't really care all that much either way. If someone is posting to learn or inform, about guns and related  politics, etc. Then I am glad they are here. I see genuine interest and genuine trolling. some of the obvious annoying content she? posts is poking fun at obviously annoying content that others post, and a bunch of you are unwilling to see that.

If someone wants to post all day about race wars, grotesque plastic modified women, hentai, or goats, I wish they would stop. 

• Like 7

I try not to care what others do, as long as it doesn't impact me. As far as posts that I don't like go, I simply use my finger to scroll past them.

Fingers? Get a computer, you mobile peasant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Someone called me a hemorrhoid and when I posted a hot girl in sexy lingerie [since I have a big kink for frilly lingerie] someone said their ass was bleeding.

I've been trying SO HARD to not fire back at all the bullshit I get because honestly I'm tired of getting into flame wars and since I get VERY argumentative IRL its good practice to not shoot back online.

But Jesus, Mary, and Joseph when you bring ass pain into it is it so tempting to crack a snide comment or two based on: 1, people thinking I'm gay for dudes and thus I could make a "You're not my type." joke or 2. the butthurt one. I'll admit I was breaking my own rules making the butthurt joke buit I honestly didn't expect this thread.

Let me also say I'm very happy you described me as I'd describe myself as far as identity faffle goes. Honestly that lowered my guard and let me read this thread calmly instead of being all defensive and whatnot.

I'm genuinely sorry if I actually offended anyone with the image reply since at that point I thought that people were pretty much actively hostile towards me in that thread, especially since I got shit for even posting a hot girl pic.

• Like 3

Oh God really? Are we still competing for most troll filled drama queen forum on the whole interwebs OddManOut? Have you obviously forgotten your OWN rich history in the art of trolling here? (as mentioned above by another member, but I am sure has been felt by many...)

And referencing another post above.... WTF is up with the need for the same kind of drama that has driven more and more good members away from this place in the 11 years I've been a member than any other forum besides maybe barfcom (who's banned members seem to come straight to here where they can post all the drama they want without fear of getting banned.)??

It's 100% true and nobody can deny this fact. There are so many serious AK and Kalashnikov enthusiasts who won't dare come here it's pathetic. That isn't good for business OR the spread of knowledge guys. In fact many of our own forum vendors (MYSELF INCLUDED) have long ago either left or stopped posting anything at all non biz related because of this very fact. When I was a moderator here we started a special section for all that bullshit so the trolls could have their own stupid playground, it's called fight club. It's PW protected for a reason! That is so anytime some idiot wants to start a drama or hate thread they have a place to go do it where the general public or people with higher IQs that don't get their kicks with that shit do not have to look at or be embarrassed by it.

As far as the whole lynch mob mentality you are playing around with here, a public forum is exactly that. It's BY the public FOR the public. This is not your private survivor club where you get to vote people off the island. If you don't like the shit you see here then YOU leave.

Due to my many experiences with the trolls on this forum over the years, my own history of banning as many as possible until my mod privies were actually removed for it, and even getting banned myself THREE TIMES!!! (while I was a mod for crying out loud BEN LOL!!!) ...I am definitely NO stranger to what it's like to suddenly wake up one day and have a lynch mob after you here.

BTW I am also very familiar with what it's like AFTER a bunch of fucktards get together and get you banned because when it happened to me there were so many "BRING COBRA BACK NOW!!!!" threads that popped up it would make your head spin.

On bad mouthing other members with the intention of ruining them...for Christ's sake look at all the fucking damage that was done to my own good name everywhere on the web, and my reputation along with my fucking business because of that piece of shit fucktard PAULY and all his bullshit and troll friends (one who is still posting here and even in this thread), their behind the scenes as well as very public slander on here, lies and so much bullshit I won't even go there!!!

I say check yourself OMO.

As far as jdeko or whatever it is, if you can't ignore someone's stupidity on the internet you yourself have a serious problem. I know I have certainly ignored my own share on this forum. I could literally write a book on how much. If anything I can only say it seems like a very young kid who I have wasted FAR too much of my own time trying to help in PMs and has wasted my time again and again working me for info then still never followed up with an order. IDK if it's done the same with other vendors here but when it asked for something for free the last time that WAS the last time it will hear back from me.

Like I said I don't even waste the time any more reading most threads because of the drama. I learned it was best for me to just stay out of it all. When I do post and try to help people like I used to for years, some asshole always seems to pop up wanting to try and make me out to look bad or like I only want people's money. Well fuck them. Unfortunately look what that has done for the majority when myself and the other vendors get so sick of the trolls they stop posting anything that could be considered "free" knowledge...

2c.gif t

<edit to add... anyone easily "offended" by profanity please excuse my french. Passionate guy here who has had enough of  BS drama so it shows sometimes...>

Here is what Cobra is leaving out.

For those of you who  don't remember or joined the forum after June of '08.

Shannon (Cobra) and Ben (BVAMP) were both mods at the time.  Drew (Juggernaut) was a new mod.  Shannon and Mike Davidson had been quietly discussing, designing and beta testing the first generation of the now famous MD-20 drum.  (at the time, only factory 5 rounders, imported Saiga 8 rounders from Russ Military and homemade mags were all that was available).  Ben got wind of their "plot" and banned them both for basically not consulting him first and / or not cutting him in on the deal.  Ben was also afraid that the production of a "non-linear feeding device" would get the S-12 classified and a destructive device and be subject to NFA rules.  He (Ben) made quite a show of it and I am sure we lost several members here because of it.  I left for about a year, in disgust.  I was on team Cobra and fought to get him back.  Thankfully, we got Cobra and MD back.  But, not long afterward, Ben then banned Drew (Juggernaut) for equally retarded reasons.  Again, thankfully, we got drew back.  After all that... We still get to enjoy Ben's sage wisdom from time to time (*sigh*).

The point is, we shouldn't go around banning members just because we think they are silly or don't contribute anything you find interesting.  That would make this forum no better than any of the others.  There are enough McUZI's and Pistol Pimp's and Pauly's for that.

Oh! and as far as the gender identity of our members...  Does anyone remember Tokageko?  He (now she) has been a member in good standing for as long as Cobra (Dec 04).  She hasn't been around in about a year, but I can guess why... 

I could give a rats ass about someones gender identity here BECAUSE THIS ISN'T A DATING SITE.

Macbeau sends...

Edited by macbeau
  • Like 9

We have lost LOTS of great members for various reasons..  vague polices, Vendor expectations, trolls, weapons bans and yes, DRAMA..

I have been involved in my share. I don't even post here any more.. Used to feel like family, now it just feels like a bullseye on my back.

Members on my ass for cracking down and vendors on my ass for not cracking down enough..

the only way we will survive with a banned platform is to eliminate the us vs them mentality..

People don't wanna buy shit from a hostile vendor.. but there are plenty of trolls, fake accounts and backhanded marketing.

Personally, I don't see 'work" a non vendor FFL post in the show your saiga threads as hostile advertisements so long as there are no URL's or company names in signatures or forum names.

but that's neither here nor there as I do not make forum policies..

and I volunteer for this shit.. too stupid and loyal to leave..

I digress...

JDeko ain't no different than 90% of the kids out there today..

How about ya try and be a positive influence on a young life vs being jaded assholes..

and we call ourselves "Christian"... The kid even stepped up to become a contributor..

OR, we could just ask nice.. Hey, JDeko, apparently some old timers don't get Otaku culture.. do you mind throttling down a hair?

Not saying to not post your stuff.. just post the BEST stuff! You know.. the stuff that's 20% cooler! wink.png

I'm grateful for each and every one of y'all..

• Like 11