ALG AKT trigger in VEPR 7.62x54R - It works

It's pretty easy, actually.  You'll only need to mod the ALG hammer before installing the kit per ALG instructions.  As you can see in the pics, the receiver for the VEPR has a reinforcement bar across it near the hammer pivot pin.  Both the 'tail' on the ALG hammer and the body of the ALG hammer interfere with this pin.  Grind the 'tail' off to make the hammer round in the area of the pin hole, and notch the hammer body similar to the factory hammer to clear the pin when the hammer is resting on the firing pin with the bolt forward.  My pictures are pre-polishing/painting, so don't bother telling me I'm not done.  

I also took about 1 mm off the impact surface of the hammer to make the passage of the bolt carrier a little smoother.  Doing this means you WILL want to mod an AMD65 recoil buffer for the back of the receiver so the bolt carrier can bounce off it.  I added the ALG supplemental trigger spring to increase the pull.  With the recoil of the 54R, it's safer to have a positive trigger pull.

Enjoy

post-50600-0-49960500-1441236608_thumb.jpg

post-50600-0-99227800-1441236606_thumb.jpg

post-50600-0-00235200-1441236610_thumb.jpg

post-50600-0-57166000-1441236611_thumb.jpg