If Word was your dad, what would you say to him?

Funny story, I had 2 Microsoft engineers teach a class in my room a few years ago (I teach high school in a large NW district) and I asked them what was up with all the changes to Word.  They keep moving the tools so that when I get a new version I can't find the stuff I need.  They told me that this was a sore point at MS and that in the future they were only supposed to make changes to add function and not to make changes to the program just to make it different.  IF Word was my dad I'd tell him "You are too old to be cool, put away the fancy clothes and just do your job!"

Doug

• Like 6

I would say, "We need a New Word Order!"

This makes me think of at my work we have these POS radios that die for no real reason half the time, and when a new online order comes in the automated voice says "Attention associates: New Order." and I can't help but whisper to myself "The streets will run red with the blood of the bourgeoisie! The proletariat uprising has come! VIVA LA REVOLUTION!" under my breath then giggle quite a lot. Good thing about being out in a parking lot all by yourself, you can be as silly as you want with no one but God's unblinking eye to bear witness. XD

silly word

gogo gaga would be expected

I'd of spelled it "goo goo ga ga" but your way is better because now I imagine Inspector Gadget shooting Lady Gaga out of his sleeve to utterly baffle some criminals with her dress made out of deer asses or some such.

Funny story, I had 2 Microsoft engineers teach a class in my room a few years ago (I teach high school in a large NW district) and I asked them what was up with all the changes to Word.  They keep moving the tools so that when I get a new version I can't find the stuff I need.  They told me that this was a sore point at MS and that in the future they were only supposed to make changes to add function and not to make changes to the program just to make it different.  IF Word was my dad I'd tell him "You are too old to be cool, put away the fancy clothes and just do your job!"

Doug

office has sucked ass since 2007 when everything was changed to the ribbon format. it's just gone downhill ever since.

I personally know a couple MS employees who tend to point their fingers at MS' imported Indian developers and designers for most of the stupid decisions made by the company in the past 10 years, including one (a Filipino guy BTW) who blames Vista entirely on the Indians.

• Like 2