GUYS,

I WAS TALKING WITH MIKE BALLARD, DESIGNER OF THE ARCHANGEL STOCKS, A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO, AND AS LONG AS I HAD HIM ON THE PHONE, I THOUGHT I'D ASK HIM ABOUT AN ARCHANGEL STOCK FOR THE 1894/96 SERIES OF SWEDISH MAUSERS.

FOR THOSE OLD ENOUGH TO REMEMBER, THESE WERE THE MOSIN-NAGANTS OF THEIR DAY, EARLY-MID 1980'S TILL WAY UP INTO THE '90'S.

THEY WERE BROUGHT IN, LITERALLY BY THE BOATLOADS, MAINLY BY CENTURY, AND SAMCO.

SAMCO STILL SELLS THE SNIPER VERSION.

AS OPPOSED TO OUR BELOVED MOSINS, THESE SWEDES WERE ALL IN NRA V.G.-EXCELLENT CONDITION.

STELLA, AT CENTURY EVEN SENT ME A FULL LENGTH '96 WITH A TWO DIGIT SERIAL NUMBER, AT ONE POINT.

MY QUESTION, TO THE MEMBERSHIP IS, IF ARCHANGEL MADE A STOCK FOR THE '94-'96 SERIES SWEDES, WOULD YOU BUY ONE?

I TOLD MIKE THAT I BELIEVE THAT THIS WOULD CAUSE MANY DUSTY OLD SWEDES TO EMERGE FROM MANY A CLOSET.

WHAT SAY YOUSE?

JESS1344

I personally have no experience with the Mausers.

I do have some experience with the Mosin Archangel stocks. It really is a nice, ergonomic stock which makes shooting the rifle completely different.

If the Mauser stock tweaks the look/feel of the rifle as much as the Mosin, it could be a fun gun.

It does completely eliminate any historical significance of the gun. But it does help push you over the edge with other toys/tweaks.

post-24472-0-46527100-1441416943_thumb.jpg

Edited by frz1197
  • Like 1

I personally have no experience with the Mausers.

I do have some experience with the Mosin Archangel stocks. It really is a nice, ergonomic stock which makes shooting the rifle completely different.

If the Mauser stock tweaks the look/feel of the rifle as much as the Mosin, it could be a fun gun.

It does completely eliminate any historical significance of the gun. But it does help push you over the edge with other toys/tweaks.

FRZ,

IS THAT SOME SORT OF MUZZLE DEVICE OR PART OF YOUR EASY CHAIR?

JESS1344