Shooting Video & Chronograph Review of .338 Federal 8" Short B

That max blaster begs for a good can.  Nice video and thank you.  HB

No Prb..thanx and glad you like the video..So far i dont think there will be a suppressor in the near future..this will be a pure noise maker ..I will have a follow up video of accuracy and distance review on it shortly that i will post here

Ok fellers..Heading to the range soon to do some accuracy and distance testing.. Will report back here later tonight

Looking forward to it. This cartridge has definitely caught my attention.

Interested to see how it performs from the 8" barrel.

Alrighty fellers ..I have uploaded a video for you guys on all documented chronographed results of my 8" .338 Federal SBR ..Please leave comments and i Hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnTrlQqx9oo

Dude we shoot at the same range. That's awesome. I'm always at Bob's firing off something.
  • 3 weeks later...

Alrighty fellers ..I have uploaded a video for you guys on all documented chronographed results of my 8" .338 Federal SBR ..Please leave comments and i Hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnTrlQqx9oo

Dude we shoot at the same range. That's awesome. I'm always at Bob's firing off something.

Ive known them for several years now..him and his wife are some of the nicest people that i have met..I usually go there once a month to test out any new builds that i do..One day we might meet up there and we wont even know that we spoke on the saiga forum lol

I think I asked this before, if so, sorry for forgetting.

what was the point of this build? 

Sorry for the delayed reply..I wanted to match the velocities of a ful length AKM but able to throw a  Bigger heavier and flatter shooting bullet that can produce 600 ft lbs of more energy at the muzzle but in a much shorter compact package.

Edited by voonman

I meant just because you can, or is it for a specific hunting application? 

Yes it would be for both hunting and recreational shooting..And to find out the true facts on the build..At first I wasnt too sure what the outcome would have been..for example.... cycling issues..loss of velocity in the teens instead of the two thousands...I googled and searched but i could not find anyone posting any real results of a 338 federal AR10 SBR in such a short barrel..

post-16872-0-93603500-1443822383_thumb.jpg

post-16872-0-73095400-1443822449_thumb.jpg

Edited by voonman
  • Like 2