26 members have voted

1. 1. AR15 furniture

• BLACK
    • FDE

Well, parts are on the way for my first AR15 build. The only thing is that I'm stuck between FDE or black furniture. The upper and lower will be black and the barrel will be stainless so i was thinking FDE furniture would make it pop, but I want to mix parts from 3 different manufacturers (Midwest Industries, Magpul and ATI) so I'm not sure it will match. However I don't really want another ordinary-looking EBR. So what is your preference for your own stuff?

FDE makes things easy if you want color. Almost EVERYTHING comes in FDE. I just finished an AR pistol completely OD green and it was a pain trying to find everything that color. I used Aero ceracoated recievers and buffer, V7 end plate and small parts with a SLR solo ultra light ceracoated handguard. Turned out great and all those parts come FDE also.

I like FDE, and I have 1 AR that has FDE furniture.

You should also look at the Magpul grey. Its is pretty slick.

I think Darth mentioned this, but Cerakote Bronze is bad ass when paired with black furniture. That is my next project with a middy I have had for a while.