dare I ask?

If you are a properly licensed dealer, properly licensed manufacturer, LE, or Mil, purchasing for official capacity, then yes.

Appears to be Easy to control if built right, and good body mechanics used. A muzzle brake compensator is worthwhile. Reliable if built right.

• Like 1

Not legal for us low folks.  Since not legal for us, why should we share common knowledge easily found elsewhere on the internet.  We do not want to directly or indirectly assist anybody in a possibly illegal act.  Three to five in a Federal Pen with Big Bubba and his boy friends does not sound attractive.  Therefore we are NOT going to share.  No way.  Sorry.  Respectfully. 

Take the disconnector out of the FCG. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR SAFETY/LEGAL REASONS.

But it would work.

In fact, it would not. The most you're going to get is the hammer riding the carrier home. IF it were to somehow manage firing, it would be an out of battery detonation. Not good. That's why in the automatics, there is a 3rd hole for the auto sear. Either way, us peasants don't get the giggle mode without paying out the ass, and don't forget about big brother when doing so.  To the OP, not saying you were, but if you were thinking about "modifying", listen to the others. Don't.

Just do the bump stock.

Honestly the fun wears off really fast. You can find the bump stocks used for reasonably cheap, because again the fun wears off really fast.

It's like $50 a minute, it makes heroin look cheap and affordable.. You'll get the stock and within $500 of ammo you will be pretty much done with it.

On a shotgun semi auto is honestly more useful than auto anyway.

• Like 1

When I looked up the physical differences between semi and full auto, it was more of a way to learn more about firearms not to do it. It's fun to learn, especially when it comes to stuff I'll never have. Kinda like looking at Ferraris or lambos. I would never do it, just for the fact I don't need to, can't afford to shoot that much ammo and while being fun it doesn't have a practical use.

When I looked up the physical differences between semi and full auto, it was more of a way to learn more about firearms not to do it. It's fun to learn, especially when it comes to stuff I'll never have. Kinda like looking at Ferraris or lambos. I would never do it, just for the fact I don't need to, can't afford to shoot that much ammo and while being fun it doesn't have a practical use.

Basically, there's an auto sear which sits in front of the hammer that prevents the hammer from dropping until the bolt is into full battery. How it works is, the safety, disconnector, hammer and carrier are all different. Starting from the back, the safety has an extra tab which contacts an extra tab at the rear of the disconnector which keeps the disconnector held out of the way (when on full auto). The hammer has a notch in the front which the auto sear sits in to prevent the hammer from falling. The carrier has an extra "leg" which contacts the auto sear (which has a tab protruding through the right rail). Basically, what happens is, the auto sear sits in the notch in the hammer, the carrier rides the rails using the recoil spring, in the last (what? 1/8th inch or so?), the "leg" on the carrier trips the auto sear, the auto sear then moves forward out of the way of the hammer, hammer falls, hits the firing pin, cartridge ignites, gases, bolt unlocks, carrier moves rearward, cocks hammer, auto sear (under spring tension) falls back into notch in hammer, recoil spring pushes carrier back forward....You get it.

Now, another thing some (most?) have is a rate reducer or retarder. Basically it's just a little piece of metal which makes contact with the hammer as it's dropping. It does just as the name implies. It reduces the rate of fire. I believe most AKM's have a rate reducer, but the original 47's did not, or at least not at first. I could be wrong, no expert.

Lastly, as far as "practicality" goes, I would like to remind everyone that most automatics are "SELECT FIRE". For some reason, people tend to forget that and they shudder at the thought of burning ammunition when they don't have to. Suppose it doesn't matter much, though. I don't foresee us ever getting our full 2nd right back, but I digress.

*This is how I understand an AK works, and I just assume the Saiga 12 works on the same principal, as I've never seen the innards of an automatic Saiga 12.