Sign in to follow this  
voonman

Testing the .338 Federal 8" AR10 SBR Accuracy at 90 Yards

Ok So i finally got off my lazy butt and put together the Accuracy testing video that i previously mentioned in my other thread.The results werent too bad for such a short barrel..I was at 90 yards in a standing position.My scope was previously zeroed in at a 25yard distance so i had to a do a little bit of compensating..The wind was blowing the target a little bit during that day so it started to sway back and forth..But overall i think it was a successful test..The results are below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUxx71Mo50U

• Like 2

In my opinion, everything inside the 10 ring is good-great considering your standing, its windy and its an 8" SBR.

• Like 1

That looked really exciting until your third shot.

Yea i know..i lost a little bit of aim due to my arm not being very stable  ..i will need to do a bench rest shoot later on...but i needed to know how close i can keep my shots on target within the center mass while standing if i ever ran into a hog or dangerous game

Not knocking the results. I was just thinking it must have got you excited for a minute.

All of that seems decent to me for standing shooting. Not even out of what a lot of us get from the bench.

Not knocking the results. I was just thinking it must have got you excited for a minute.

All of that seems decent to me for standing shooting. Not even out of what a lot of us get from the bench.

the first two shots got me excited but i felt my arm getting tired and i was out of aim and had to realign my sight again..I need to invest in a bench rest and a better trigger system instead of the standard milspec one that i am currently using..