1000 yard shot with 9mm. No bullshit.

Yeah, Jerry is just amazing!  032.gif

Kind of surprised he was using XTP's and not a FMJ round, but ya can't argue with the results!

I would think a FMJ round would be more stable for that long of a shot.

Dang, his 4-wheeler is quick! I want one of those!  biggrin.png

Edited by Ronin38

Kind of surprised he was using XTP's and not a FMJ round, but ya can't argue with the results!

To get the fragmentation when he hit steel, notice he did not hit the balloon dead on but was low and left of it a good bit.

I wonder if he can do that in the heat of the moment?

It's a LOT harder when someone's shooting back.

Still, the only way I could do that is by taking a LOT of shots beforehand to find my aiming point, then film several sessions, until I got the footage I wanted.

Maybe that's what he did.

• Like 2

To get the fragmentation when he hit steel, notice he did not hit the balloon dead on but was low and left of it a good bit.

Just the fact that he hit a steel plate that size at a 1000 yards is a feat that none of us could do period.  Its fucking amazing.

• Like 2

Just the fact that he hit a steel plate that size at a 1000 yards is a feat that none of us could do period.  Its fucking amazing.

Word.... 000.gif

Here is something to ponder.

A 168gn Sierra Matchking with a MV of 2,700 fps from a 22", .308 barrel drops 456 inches at 1,000yds.  That's 38 FEET of drop from a centerfire rifle round.  

A 9mm, 147gn JHP moving 1050 fps from a 5" barrel drops 2,812 inches at 1,000 yds.  That is just over 234 FEET of drop from a centerfire pistol round.  

That is the height of a 20+ story building and he put round #2 on a 3'x3' target.  Was he aiming via celestial navigation and divine intervention?

And I never saw him refer to a ballistics chart or dick with his sights once.

I know some of you will say "I'll be impressed when he can do it three time in a row and show a nice tight, sub-MOA, cloverleaf shot group."...

I say, the Force is strong with Old Jerry.

• Like 4

Sure ya could just takes practice and desire... as well as a thousand yard range to do it.

• Like 1

Sure ya could just takes practice and desire... as well as a thousand yard range to do it.

Good luck with that, let us know how it works out.  Some people will never achieve that level of skill no matter how much we practice.  I recognize his skill and tip my hat to it.

Well need the range... dont sell people short we all have the ability to do remarkable things given resources and the desire to do them.

I shoot at 100yds at least one mag every time I take the pistol to the range, the results are pretty much what one would expect but towards the end of the mag it starts getting a couple of hits.

Just practice man.

• Like 2

~ that, but more like 60 -70 when I get to borrow a good .357. It is surprising how easy it is to do pie plate accuracy at those ranges with a good K frame. Never done that well with an auto pistol yet though.

~ that, but more like 60 -70 when I get to borrow a good .357. It is surprising how easy it is to do pie plate accuracy at those ranges with a good K frame. Never done that well with an auto pistol yet though.

Absolutely a good wheel gun is more accurate than an auto at those ranges, longer barrels among others things. But then the purpose of it is not to make hits on paper but to become a better shooter with what I carry. Now I have found a remarkable difference in ammo for it, the Liberty CD is MUCH more accurate at 100 than my previously used SD ammo. Yeah its expensive thus the lone mag I use at that range but damn what a difference a flatter shooting ammo makes.

That said long range pistol seems more fun than long range rifle for a lot of reasons, the range is much shorter so places one can do it are easier to find, expectations are lower, being able to place effective fire out that far with a handgun could save ones life one day, and well its just more fun.

I hit the 12' steel plate at 100 yds with my snub nose .38 special, and my .44 mag. it's not amazing, it's just called Practice.

I"ve shot with old timers who hit steel plates a lot farther than that with .44 mags. Silhouette shooting.

Edited by RobRez
  • Like 1