Fixing plastic mags

The only way it can hurt is they are loose enough now to hinder function. If you fix them and later mix them up with mags that you might use to defend yourself and the JB weld comes off, you could be in trouble.  If I was attempting this, I would wrap some bright yellow electrical tape around them to designate them as range use only

• Like 1

Skip the JB it will come loose.

Instead you need to clean them with alcohol and put the window leading tip on your soldering iron and use the low setting. Then shave some fill material from the stock you took off when you converted. Massage that material in and go slow you want to work the heat in fully and not leave voids. also take care not to scorch the plastic. Look up plastic welding for videos. 

It works. I sheared the lug off of a factory five and it seems to be as good as new.

Also I built up the back of my magwell SGM mags to make a broader contact area with the magwell.

• Like 1

It works. I sheared the lug off of a factory five and it seems to be as good as new.

I'm surprised to hear this as I don't recall ever reading about one of these failing.  Of course I don't doubt you but it doesn't seem common.

Has anyone else here ever broken a factory 5?

Probably anyone else who decided to gamble with using it as a mounting point for a sled to test muzzle brake comps. I knew it was a risk, but it failed faster than expected. poorly conceived plan.

Oh and the only mags I have ever had problems with in normal use is those. being knocked around can cause the feed lip clip to pop off one side or both. I think each one of my 5 or so has done it at least a couple times if dropped or bumped in a mag pouch. I trust integral feed lips a lot more for this reason.

• Like 1

Not that I am aware of.. But the abbreviation similarity gets me a bunch of calls for trigger guards and hand guards ect. 

I do question how many magazine sales I have lost over the years due to the abreviation.. Thankfully we don't have many competing products.

I keep Gregs website and phone number on a sticky note by each phone.. I'd like to think they return the favor.

• Like 1