Thoughts on Vepr handguard for my 54R

banner_slider_01.jpg

Based on the photo above, it appears (to me anyway) that the handguard's screw is the OEM VEPR screw with sling swivel that comes with VEPR wood stock.  [i'm not pointing that out as a 'good' thing or 'bad'; just an observation.]  The forend handguard screw is one of the most frustrating aspects of the firearm, IMO.  There simply are no aftermarket options for replacemnts, due to the factory's decision to go with that particular thread pitch and fineness.   Just say'n. 

• Like 1

Spoke with them today and was told that the guard would come with an aftermarket SS screw. The image was take before the screws where delivered. 

Also that the screw will be available for individual purchase.

Excellent!

Based on the photo above, it appears (to me anyway) that the handguard's screw is the OEM VEPR screw with sling swivel that comes with VEPR wood stock.  [i'm not pointing that out as a 'good' thing or 'bad'; just an observation.]  The forend handguard screw is one of the most frustrating aspects of the firearm, IMO.  There simply are no aftermarket options for replacemnts, due to the factory's decision to go with that particular thread pitch and fineness.   Just say'n. 

Spoke with them today and was told that the guard would come with an aftermarket SS screw. The image was take before the screws where delivered.

Also that the screw will be available for individual purchase.

Excellent

Yup they mentioned that over on the AKFILES too.

I got mine today but have not had a change to mount it.....if only I didn't have to work to buy new toys.
Impressive machining. Screw is a 4mm allen head and had wrench with it. 
I'll get it mounted up tomorrow and take some pictures. Also got some rail segments for like ten bucks......