I recently got into 300 blackout. No it's not apples to apples with the 7.62, but it is way better than I anticipated. No all of my 2nd fire 5.56 that needs trimmed anyway becomes 300 blackout rounds. I was once very skeptical about this round but I am learning to appreciate it more and more. Anyone else shooting it?

• Like 3

It is a great round that really shines when loaded as a sub and suppressed. That is when it really comes into its own. The ability to reload is also preferred, as 47 cents a round factory will cut into your wallet pretty quickly. I like it and find the round extremely versatile.

• Like 1

It is a great round that really shines when loaded as a sub and suppressed. That is when it really comes into its own. The ability to reload is also preferred, as 47 cents a round factory will cut into your wallet pretty quickly. I like it and find the round extremely versatile.

Where are you buying factory subsonic for .47? I'm paying about .55......

Thanks

Sorry, I was not clear. I was referring to factory full power at that price not subs. I reload all my own 300BLK both full power and subs, and have for some time, it would appear that prices have fallen a bit.

Understood! I've been getting subsonic reman loads for $550 a 1k. I have a good bit of brass so time to start with the loading like I do my own .308 sub loads.

So far not shooting it sub. Not ready to shell the money for the tax form. Fuck the Federal Gubment. I plan to have an option for that when the shtf. I am getting all my supplies ready for reloading from 5.56 and my existing 300 brass cases. Since the Saiga import ban I have had a tough time finding something to monkey with. Playing 300 blackout has filled the void for now.

I love this round . Cut and shoot a lot of different grains and loads.

For me it put the fun back in guns.

Bad day? Just go to your loading area and chop some brass. Better than meditation .

Good luck you will not regret it.

• Like 2

So far not shooting it sub. Not ready to shell the money for the tax form. Fuck the Federal Gubment.

Ultimately, you are only punishing yourself, and giving the federal government what it wants, which is fewer people owning NFA stuff.  I started stamp collecting earlier this year, and now wish I had gotten started on it years ago.

• Like 2

Don't put too much effort into tuning the gun to run subs without a can.  My blackout upper runs supers reliably but I didn't bother testing with subs.  Subs without a can is not a combination that anybody needs anyway.  When/if I get a can then I'll worry about subs.

Edited by Darth Saigus

Ready to powder and plug some 150 grain plated flat nose for plinking . 11.8 gr of 4227 which runs them in the mid 1400s.

Runs about 19 cents around loaded. Not into pouring lead so I think this is the cheapest I can go.

Hornady 125 SST run great with 18 gr 4227 mid 2000s and great groups at 100 yards.

Hornady interlock SP do well also and you can find deals on the for about 20 cents. a bullet

Looking for a better polymer coated 230 gr.

• Like 2

Don't put too much effort into tuning the gun to run subs without a can.  My blackout upper runs supers reliably but I didn't bother testing with subs.  Subs without a can is not a combination that anybody needs anyway.  When/if I get a can then I'll worry about subs.

It's more for having one zero and getting used to the trajectory. I plan to use them for 3 gun, and would just as soon make 1 cheap recipe and use it for everything. These would be around a nickel a shot cast.

I might need to do a high velocity version to make power factor though. We'll see.