CryBoehner Resigns From Congress

I figured he would step down from speaker but I'm surprised he's resigning.  Interesting times.

And let the tantrums begin!  CryBoehner is scheduled for deFace the Nation on Sunday. 

CNN of course has Nasty Piglosi's hideous plastic face talking about it.

The fight for succession will be a brawl.  I hope a real conservative gets it but I expect another establishment weasel.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 9

Trading one POS politician for another...  Meet your next likely Speaker of the House, Kevin McCarthy, another winner.

Does anyone really think anything will change noticeably for the better?

Unfortunately this is true ^^^^ McCarthy is almost a lock. The Republican establishment has learned nothing from the base's disdain for Boehner and McConnell. They can't even get base support for their presidential picks in the primary, and yet they still won't listen to those of us that have typically supported them. I am happy that Boehner is gone, but sad at the state of the Republican Party. If the party would jump on the band wagon of what the people truly want, things could change for the better.

• Like 1

Wow.  My little claim to fame here on this excellent forum, (like I said in another so so forum) is that McCarthy's dad years ago was my big boss.  A Battalion Chief in my old fire department.  His dad is long dead.  Not the smartest guy.  I also met Mr. McCarty as a kid at a couple of fireman picnics.  Also not the smartest kid. 

Seems the acorn did not fall too far from the great oak tree?  My spies down in Bakersfield Ca. tell me McCarty may already have his handlers.  May have.  So, if he becomes Speaker of the House, that might not be the best thing to happen?  I dunno.  Perhaps a better choice could be made?  Just me here.  Respectfully.

What's sad to me is that 8 or so years ago, he had some of the most sensible economic plans of anyone, and even backbone for a while

. Then he just crumpled and rolled over. Since then he has spent more energy trying to get people who think like he used to to 'tone it down' than he has spent on advancing any policy. He stopped thinking about winning, and started working on not losing the p.r. campaign. obviously there is no way an actual conservative, or even a fakeish one would get good p.r. from MSM, so that's a moot point.

• Like 1

What's sad to me is that 8 or so years ago, he had some of the most sensible economic plans of anyone, and even backbone for a while

. Then he just crumpled and rolled over. Since then he has spent more energy trying to get people who think like he used to to 'tone it down' than he has spent on advancing any policy. He stopped thinking about winning, and started working on not losing the p.r. campaign. obviously there is no way an actual conservative, or even a fakeish one would get good p.r. from MSM, so that's a moot point.

Sounds just like McStain, used to be a maverick.........

No. McCain was a democrat, but a slightly hawkish one. He lived on the democrat side of the isle. Then he changed the letter by his name, but kept voting on the D side for every issue except war type stuff. He never really changed.

• 2 weeks later...