randoms of the day; murder houses and self clearing microwaves...

stuff ive been thinking about, but finally observed it.  my microwave self clears time remaining. how long have they been able to do that? know what i mean, you leave 1 second on it because you hate the timer.... whats annoying, typically to your mate, is that the microwave always has 1 second on it.... kinda like leaving seat up, et al....  BUUUUT! this microwave installed in my current abode kills that time remaining after like 2 minutes... finally observed it the other day, and was stoked.  its neat that they have incorporated that, to keep the peace in the home.

second thought is a more depressing one.  kinda been searching for a house local to the area.  found 1 in nearby that qualifies, has 3 acres, in the country so i can shoot, is a little rough so price is low and has room for improvement...

problem is, it was the sight of a robbery-murder...

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/4103-S-183rd-St-W_Goddard_KS_67052_M87285-77108

how cheap is cheap enough, cause im assuming if i bought it would have to burn house down and rebuild....

how many of you folks would live in a bad-vibes murder-house?  seller has to disclose, as im sure you are aware...

Was the criminal case legally cleared and all the bad guys accounted for?  My only concern would be if it worked once it might work twice?  Other than that I am not the least big superstitious   If it is possible some bad guys are still at large or might have detailed knowledge of the killing, then perhaps I would stay away.  You will have to ask the Realtor.   Also ask about everything and gage the reaction.  Lots of prior shit the seller will not tell you.  This might be one of those times when you get an agent who will work for you and not the owner.

Bad vibes are a result of your mind. If you have bad vibes pass on it.

What did The comedian say: Why do the white peoples always try to stay in the haunted house? A black man would hear or see some funky shit and go, we be gone...............

Eddie Murphy. NSFW

• Like 5

I bought a 16x80 trailer after my divorce in 1991, while looking at it, noticed a small hole in the ceiling of the master bath and wondered why the carpet was new and different from bedroom. Realtor told me that the lady that lived there, blew her brains out while sitting in the bid garden tub, 45acp went threw her head and out the roof. Bought it anyway, 2 weeks after signing papers, had my brothers carpet company come in and replace all the carpet, he called me about lunch, bitching and whining about why I didn't tell him about the bathroom floor, I asked him what the hell he was talking about, he said the wood flooring was all blood stained, and the 2 black guys left the job and refused to go back, so he had to get another crew.

Dead woman never bothered me, but, at times, with a nice hottie all naked and soaking in the tub with me, it was a bit wierd. :)

• Like 1

It wouldn't bother me at all. As long as I have been here and as many strange places as I have been and still not one inkling of a supernatural experience tells me that type of thing is BS. However, I would use it as a bargaining tool to the third degree. I would be looking for ~$20k off of the asking price, just because. Business is business and staying hung up on what would be a legit complaint for many can be a very useful tool. There really is no way to effectively deflect it since we can have differing fears and thresholds of those fears. No telling how many times that place has been close to selling and buyers backed out after the news. You might even tell them it doesn't bother you, but your wife is terrified. If the price was right you might be able work for them to get her past it. A little like good cop, bad cop, etc.. $20k might do a really decent interior remodel on a home of that size depending on material selections, etc...

• Like 2

Lightbulb over the sink?

Ya the murderes are all caught.

I'm more concerned with the supernatural not being a target....

Yeah, I actually looked at the pictures in the link you posted. I appears to be a real nice place. I might just put in an offer myself, looking ahead to retirement and moving to hell of of NY and all. beaten.gif

Nah, It's bigger that what I need, and doesn't have wheels and a motor. 

Jesus said "Let the dead bury the dead".  Everybody dies -- some not so well as others.  Death comes to us all but for me, it will last less time than a blink of the eye -- for others, they will eternally wish for the peace and nothingness of death...

Sorry, got into a bit of a non PC Christian thing there...

Bottom line for me is = death is no biggy.

I have a nice lady friend who lives in assisted very nice apartment housing.  Seems the last three or four residents left feet first.  Died of medical problems.  She has no problems with this.  Most homes have had important things happen inside them, especially older homes.  Births, deaths, just about everything.  It would not bother me other than the potential future criminal aspect of it.

It wouldn't bother me at all. As long as I have been here and as many strange places as I have been and still not one inkling of a supernatural experience tells me that type of thing is BS. However, I would use it as a bargaining tool to the third degree. I would be looking for ~$20k off of the asking price, just because. Business is business and staying hung up on what would be a legit complaint for many can be a very useful tool. There really is no way to effectively deflect it since we can have differing fears and thresholds of those fears. No telling how many times that place has been close to selling and buyers backed out after the news. You might even tell them it doesn't bother you, but your wife is terrified. If the price was right you might be able work for them to get her past it. A little like good cop, bad cop, etc.. $20k might do a really decent interior remodel on a home of that size depending on material selections, etc...

This, except not the wife part. I would just say that I know it effects resale, so I want that to be reflected in my price. Make a low offer and be willing to walk.

I would have no qualms about the house itself. If the neighborhood was the issue, that might be another mater. But then again, I am about invading bad neighborhoods with good people, and making them good neighborhoods.

Low ball them and light it on fire. It was built in the 20's so you could just tear out the walls and siding for a major remodel and addition. The old homes were most often built bomb proof with superior timber. Gut it or light it on fire. Probably had handful of sad deaths in that old home anyway. What happened? Local drug activity? Mafia? Meth? Murder Robbery is pretty shitty but happens all over the country. I would want to know my neighbors and why the fuck something like that happened outside town.

Try 60 and say you are only going for the land. 4 acres is a nice chunk of land outside of a town that will only continue to grow.

What happened in the past would not cause me any worry at all

No demons ghosts or (vibes) just reality 

we drive roads all day long where countless lives were lost

We frequent medical facilities where countless lives came to an end

we possess items left to us by people no longer here

We possess firearms that were used to take lives in many wars and conflicts both by good guys and bad.

just not an issue

PS only place where I got a little creeped out , was a concentration camp, seemed like some sort of evil was still in the air

• Like 1

You guys sure make some convincing arguments!! Really I'm all about it. The area isn't bad, I assume it was a robbery for drugs etc that isn't indicative of the area...

There are a couple trucking co outfits on corners, no offense to truckers on here, but I've heard construction. Workers and truckers are kinda high on list of sex offender types.... Not that being a trucker or construction worker makes ya an offender, well, really I can't make it sound pc, what's been said Can't be unsaid

• Like 1