So Im in college at Nossi College of Art in Nashville getting my bachelors degree in videography and this semester I have music video class. This is my first project for the class and I don't think its bad so I thought Id share it...lol

I know I can't post my monetized videos here and this one is NOT monetized...lol

• Like 17

Copy the masters! (ASC) Good start! You will get into methods and the CARP soon. Wish I had the name of the 16mm film I watched in school about 20 years ago. It basically gave you all the standard techniques of shooting and editing that was the norm at the master level. Get a job in the field and you will learn even more than in school. News is a good start, set crew is even better! Good luck!

• Like 1

Wow!  Professional quality in my opinion.  I especially like the star streaming.

Really?...thanks!

Copy the masters! (ASC) Good start! You will get into methods and the CARP soon. Wish I had the name of the 16mm film I watched in school about 20 years ago. It basically gave you all the standard techniques of shooting and editing that was the norm at the master level. Get a job in the field and you will learn even more than in school. News is a good start, set crew is even better! Good luck!

Im not sure if I'll get a job or just "freelance" yet...lol

I have friends in this industry. I think there is steadier work in editing than in shooting and the other primary production stages. 

Yeah I agree. The editor can make or brake a project. They can also make Marry Poppins look like a horror film and The Shining look like a romantic comedy.  If you haven't seen the edited trailers to those you should look them up...lol

Very well done.

The only suggestion that I would make is to "soften up" the transitions between the nature scenes. 

I am seeing this as a contrast to the softer beauty of nature to the harsher, more linear beauty of man's creations.

Good point!

you've got some real talent you man. Keep it up!

Thanks bud!

I think you're a gifted dude with a strong heart.  I had an instructor in my younger days the road my ass with the phrase "It's no hill for a climber". Your talent as a machinist and now videographer exemplifies that spirit. Keep on climbing bro, I don't know which journey you'll end up taking but I can see you have what it takes to get there. Your work speaks volumes about your character. Cheersbeer.gif

• Like 2

I think you're a gifted dude with a strong heart.  I had an instructor in my younger days the road my ass with the phrase "It's no hill for a climber". Your talent as a machinist and now videographer exemplifies that spirit. Keep on climbing bro, I don't know which journey you'll end up taking but I can see you have what it takes to get there. Your work speaks volumes about your character. Cheersbeer.gif

Thank you very much sir!

If you want to do a lot of fancy moving timelapses, I have a friend who makes those things for the stock footage places, etc. He also rents out the gear, makes gear, and teaches people how to use it. http://slacklinefilms.com/  Stepper dollys that can do fast fluid motions or creeping slow rolls and pans over days. suspension rigs for boom shots without booms, and silently. (you can film something cool without disrupting it!) The normal quad rotor stuff.

• Like 1

Your videos have always been of higher quality.  This one takes it up another notch.

Is all the video yours?  There are some really good clips.  You'll do well in the industry I imagine.

I bought the footage from a stock website sadly...lol

Thank you!

• Like 1

Your videos have always been of higher quality. This one takes it up another notch.

Is all the video yours? There are some really good clips. You'll do well in the industry I imagine.

I bought the footage from a stock website sadly...lol

Thank you!

Ah! I almost said you could probably sell some of that as stock.... :D
  • Like 1

You now have awesome power.  Now comes the awesome responsibility.  Choose wisely Little Grass Hopper.  Hire on with some deserving political candidate and let her rip.  Sound and sight presented the correct way can be so compelling to people ... and voters.  Great video.

• Like 1

You now have awesome power.  Now comes the awesome responsibility.  Choose wisely Little Grass Hopper.  Hire on with some deserving political candidate and let her rip.  Sound and sight presented the correct way can be so compelling to people ... and voters.  Great video.

Thank you much!