Not bashing the Glock guys but, I still like to have a safety on my gun.  I'm old school I guess.

Regardless, he should have learned the weapon prior to shoving it down his pants.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/public-urinator-shoots-groin-police-article-1.2375336

Javier probably should have left the gun at home.  His breeding potential, I hope, has been diminished.

• Like 1

I can understand your reasoning. But I think this guy would have managed to shoot himself with a bar of soap. It appears to be appendix carry without a holster. Wolf FMJ ammo. partly defaced serials... oh and public urination. What type of weapon wouldn't this guy have shot himself with?

• Like 7

Rules of Firearm Safety, #2 Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.  My genitals, NOT WILLING TO DESTROY!  That's why I carry behind my strong side hip.

Doug

Genitals and femoral artery. 2 things I will never point a gun at. Strong side carry for me.

Rules of Firearm Safety, #2 Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.  My genitals, NOT WILLING TO DESTROY!  That's why I carry behind my strong side hip.

Doug

Genitals and femoral artery. 2 things I will never point a gun at. Strong side carry for me.

Bullet in the ass, probably not fatal, bullet in the groin, major artery, no bueno!

Doug

I think (dangerous) that we may be missing an important safety point here.  Are some handguns more dangerous than others?  Maybe.  Also maybe not.  I am a thumb safety man.  Also a grip safety person.  This is just me.  I will get tired.  I will make presentation or re holstering mistakes.  The thumb safety along with a grip safety works for me.  Yep ... big blood vessels and handgun muzzles do not mix.  Yikes!  Respectfully.

I know a lot, if not most people will agree, but I prefer not to carry my Glock with one in the pipe. I've learned to rack the slide as I draw. Perhaps that split second might mean life or death for me someday, perhaps not.

• Like 2

I carry XD and Kahr pistols with one in the pipe in holsters that cover the trigger. 

The XD has grip and trigger safeties but the Kahr has no safety other than the long trigger pull.

Both are utterly safe when holstered.  Both are utterly safe in my hand.

But here's another example of junk shooting for your amusement.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/white-man-trying-to-buy-gun-shoots-self-in-penis-blames-it-on-a-black-guy/

Edited by Darth Saigus

I tend to think of it this way, in the photos are 2 items I have, both would kill someone if I act in an unsafe manner and/or I make a choice to kill them. both have been around for a number of years and on the one with the greatest potential to kill others or the user I don't think any one has ever thought about putting a "safety" on it. you just point it and pull the trigger I mean press the pedal. the user is always the only safety on any device, a mechanical switch of some kind won't stop the user from being stupid.

post-26137-0-28183900-1443540479.png

post-26137-0-88415500-1443540507_thumb.jpg

post-26137-0-74243200-1443540521.jpg

• Like 5

I carry XD and Kahr pistols with one in the pipe in holsters that cover the trigger. 

The XD has grip and trigger safeties but the Kahr has no safety other than the long trigger pull.

Both are utterly safe when holstered.  Both are utterly safe in my hand.

But here's another example of junk shooting for your amusement.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/white-man-trying-to-buy-gun-shoots-self-in-penis-blames-it-on-a-black-guy/

Glad there aren't any damage pics for this or the OP story.

• Like 1