What is the Difference between the Saiga12 Puck Gas & Vepr12 Gas P

Oh. I didn't realize this was on a shortened gun. Count me out of being able to give informed info about what should work. I must have missed that. Sorry. 

The ammo pictured above is still some of the best feeding best reloading stuff though.

Oh. I didn't realize this was on a shortened gun. Count me out of being able to give informed info about what should work. I must have missed that. Sorry. 

The ammo pictured above is still some of the best feeding best reloading stuff though.

Thanx..and yes the vepr12 is a 10.9" SBS ..It works flawless with all high brass loads. and all slugs and buckshot when the gun is cleaned or dirty. My only concern was using light low brass remington or winchester AAs i found it starts to cycle them after 5-7 failure to ejects..That is why i decided to use a little bit of lithium grease on the piston puck that allows the gun to cycle 100% from start to finish..The weird part of this is that when i owned my Saiga 12 IZ109 19" barrel..i had this same problem after cleaning my gun very well..the first few federal birdshot light loads would cause failure to eject due to an over clean gas port..

post-16872-0-18139300-1444372672_thumb.jpg

Someone just asked me whether anyone had done NiBo on an S12 or vepr and your TiNitride coating was one of the first to come to mind. I couldn't think of whose it was though.

Someone just asked me whether anyone had done NiBo on an S12 or vepr and your TiNitride coating was one of the first to come to mind. I couldn't think of whose it was though.

I like the Tin on my vepr 12..it has strengthened the surface area and gave it nice finish..It hasnt rubbed off or worn off since i had it done.

I was checking out your Krebs safety, I just got one but the gun is still in pieces so I haven't gotten to play with it yet. I R leftie and am looking forward to trying it out.

Nevermind that's a VEPR. I'm dumb.

And yeah I'm a fan of TiN NiB and melonite. Can I ask where you had it done, and if they offer the other two?

I was checking out your Krebs safety, I just got one but the gun is still in pieces so I haven't gotten to play with it yet. I R leftie and am looking forward to trying it out.

Nevermind that's a VEPR. I'm dumb.

And yeah I'm a fan of TiN NiB and melonite. Can I ask where you had it done, and if they offer the other two?

The safety looks like a krebs but its not..thats how the standard vepr 12s come.. Here is the link for the TiN http://titaniumgun.com/

• 7 years later...

Hey guys I’m really sorry to revive a dead thread but I was hoping somebody might be willing to provide me with some insight about a current Saiga 12 project, which so far has been far less painful than my other project (Saiga 308). I have decent experience with milling machines and lathes (my FiL owns/runs a machine shop). But can somebody tell me if I could avoid going too deep into heavy work and make a Leykom Armory Customs VEPR 12 adjustable gas block (or any VEPR-12 gas block) fit on my S12 without major machining involved? In fact, it’s be great if someone knew whether LACs adjustable blocks for VEPR Rifles could be made to work on my S-308 as well.  I’m doing some research and I know the gas puck itself is different and I know there are differences in the spacing of the retainer pin holes. But as far as ID and OD, there appear fairly similar on paper. Reason I even ask is because all of the gas block/fsb choices by L.A.C or any other Russian mfg have totally dried up due to obvious reasons, with the exception of a few domestic companies that currently have some of their offerings for VEPR 12 and VEPR  rifle. If anybody could help me find an answer for my Saiga 12 and/or Saiga 308, that’d be amazing! Any input is greatly appreciated, thank you for your time!