Having seen how the U.N. handles trouble spots that have no organization, nor unity, nor will to resist...  (Somalia, Serbial/Bosnia, Haiti) I think the continental U.S. might be a bit much to chew on for the U.N.....   I am pretty sure we are good and won't need to make too much of a show.....  The words "dime-store pussies" come to mind....

• Like 4

".....there would be a rifle behind every blade of grass...."  Yamamoto

I darn sure would not  want that blue helmet job , I don't know about every blade of grass ,but I would say more like every bush . They could never round up all the guns in Ky we are a face to face state [ private sales ] as long as they are residents of Ky [ drivers lisc ] and the say they don't have felonies you can buy and sell , lots of private transactions at gun shows . Dealers are required form 4473 , but private transactions are not . Recent poll on WKYT news 80% said more gun laws would not stop shootings. How can the un confiscate when they don't know what people have.

• Like 1

".....there would be a rifle behind every blade of grass...." Yamamoto

I darn sure would not want that blue helmet job , I don't know about every blade of grass ,but I would say more like every bush . They could never round up all the guns in Ky we are a face to face state [ private sales ] as long as they are residents of Ky [ drivers lisc ] and the say they don't have felonies you can buy and sell , lots of private transactions at gun shows . Dealers are required form 4473 , but private transactions are not . Recent poll on WKYT news 80% said more gun laws would not stop shootings. How can the un confiscate when they don't know what people have.
You are just one election away from losing everything.

That is where we are.

IMHO

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 4

Hello

This is where Class III gets a little dodgy......

Guido in Texas

They are already talking about upping the transfer tax from $200 to over $3000 on most NFA and from $5 on AOW's to $500. 

Hello

Guido in Texas

They are already talking about upping the transfer tax from $200 to over $3000 on most NFA and from $5 on AOW's to $500. 

Who's "they" and where'd you hear this?

It's the first I've heard any mention.

Hello

Guido in Texas

The ATFE is arguing that the tax is dated and needs to be updated to adjust for inflation....  In 1933, $200 was twice the cost of a NFA weapon....

Macbeau...

Hello

Guido in Texas

The ATFE is arguing that the tax is dated and needs to be updated to adjust for inflation.... In 1933, $200 was twice the cost of a NFA weapon....

Macbeau...

Ok, when was this argument made and when/where did you hear it? Magazine article,online gun site? I'm just want to read more about it and track it a little closer

Here is one article:

http://www.gunnews.com/massive-new-gun-taxes-proposed/

Having a hard time finding the one where Chuck Schumer, Harry Reid, Barney Frank and Charles Rangle were proposing the tax as high as I cited above...so.... lets just call that part hearsay for now.  Rangle was also proposing a federal .05 cent per round tax on ammo.  I have heard to topic mentioned again recently (since the Oregon shooting) on talk radio, but have not seen anything published on it...yet.

I will keep looking, but the issue keeps coming up every few years since 1986 (when no new transferable machine guns passed).

Macbeau...

Democrats sponsor bills trying to drastically increase the NFA tax and other firearm/ammo taxes almost every year. Most never have enough supporters to see the light of day.

Heck, just Google it.