sigs new 7.62 cans?

they are cheeeeeeeap (relatively), and light, while not being made out of titanium, but havent really heard any reviews...

thoughts?

they are light because htey have no external tube.... AAC guy kevin is now working for them (sig) and this is his work... i dig it, the proof is in the puddin eh?

https://www.gunsamerica.com/UserImages/177672/941366743/wm_7884881.jpgwm_7884881.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I clicked on the link and all that came up was the same nice picture of the can.  Does anybody know where we can go to get more information like dB reduction, length, weight, construction, durability, disassembly, spare parts, warranty, full auto ratings, etc..  Very interested indeed.

There is some chatter over on silencer talk about them. IIRC it's a welded baffle stack which would mean no disassembly.

Only good feedback from what I've seen.

They got kind of a unique QD. Looks interesting, especially for the $$$$.

they are cheeeeeeeap (relatively), and light, while not being made out of titanium, but havent really heard any reviews...

thoughts?

they are light because htey have no external tube.... AAC guy kevin is now working for them (sig) and this is his work... i dig it, the proof is in the puddin eh?

How cheap? The lazy googling I tried only came up with the TI versions at around $900. 

If they were $200 each, I might just plunk down the cash on a ultrasonic cleaner I would like to have anyway. I have been mostly thinking of one very good user serviceable multi purpose can. However if I could get something that had decent reduction and was full power 308 proof for under $500 with the stamp, that might change my mind.

If they were $200 each, I might just plunk down the cash on a ultrasonic cleaner I would like to have anyway. I have been mostly thinking of one very good user serviceable multi purpose can. However if I could get something that had decent reduction and was full power 308 proof for under $500 with the stamp, that might change my mind.

Probably not going to happen for anywhere near that price, and you don't really want or need a rifle can to be "user serviceable" (meaning it can be taken apart).  Unlike rimfire and pistol cans, rifle cans typically stay clean due to the high pressures and temperatures.  The exception to this is subsonic loads such as from a 300 Blackout, but if you also feed the can enough supersonic loads, it tends to clean out the crud left behind by subs.  Some people run 9mm pistol cans for subsonic, which can be taken apart and cleaned.  But most of those cans won't withstand supersonic loads anyway.

Edited by Netpackrat
  • Like 1

I would mostly use it with 300 BO handloads, and maybe some 22LR. Thus being able to clean it or at least chuck it in the ultrasonic is a big plus.

As of press date I am aware of a couple rather appealing cans that are rated to supersonic 308 which can be disassembled in the $900-1100 price range. They both end up closer to $1200 by the time you have all the mounting stuff sorted. If I were able to have two functional cans and leave them on the hosts for similar money, I would be willing to give up some features.