I won't cut bread, pasta or other grains because experience and knowledge have shown me that no carbs equals no energy. It's really hard on your body to try and burn protien. You basically feel like crap and don't want to work out. You need a good ratio of carbs to protien in order to work out effectively. My kids for example carbo load a lot. During the weekends I try to load them up with a higher protien to carb ratio because they don't workout. But during the week I insist they have rice or pasta with their dinner because if they dont, they can't do squat the next morning.

• Like 1

No point lecturing on diet and exercise too much.  What seems to work for me (seems to) is to cut everything in half, try to get about 8 oz of good protein a day over 5 small meals and just fill up the plate instead with yummy steamed whatever vegetables which I love.

I was eating WAY TOO MUCH!  Probably now still getting around 1500 calories daily.  Being a recently discovered type 2 diabetic certainly changed my life style.  Now eat 5 small complete meals per day.  Also it is important to understand that some days are just shitty.

Today is one of them.  Another predictable reaction to the exercise and lack of food.  It is OK to take a day off if you feel the need and today is one of those days.  What is important is to keep going.  Over the span of just a few months more, I will start to feel much better.

This is a repeat situation for me.  About every 3 years it goes over and over.  Once about 6 years ago I lost 42 pounds in one year, so I know from past history I can do it again.  Getting the will power is the key.  Visiting grave yards and good movies help also.  Yikes!

I won't cut bread, pasta or other grains because experience and knowledge have shown me that no carbs equals no energy. It's really hard on your body to try and burn protien. You basically feel like crap and don't want to work out. You need a good ratio of carbs to protien in order to work out effectively. My kids for example carbo load a lot. During the weekends I try to load them up with a higher protien to carb ratio because they don't workout. But during the week I insist they have rice or pasta with their dinner because if they dont, they can't do squat the next morning.

Never mentioned deleting carbs. You can get all the carbs and beau coup energy you need without bread or pasta. The issue is how these cause your pancreas to react and the way they are metabolized. Reserve 1 day a month to splurge on your diet but you'll find that your body might not like it. At least for me it didn't.

Edited by JAG
  • Like 1

Every person that I have known who lived to see their 90's ate regular food. They also ate a fairly large variety of different foods.

None of the 'heathy food' people that I have known have lived past their 60's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still going. However, instead of adding distance, I've been adding incline to my treadmill runs. It makes a fairly significant difference on calories burned. Feeling really good. This past weekend, had to run out of the place I was at to catch someone in the parking lot and was shocked how I felt. It surprised me to run out in a full stride and not feel tired or pain! I'm nowhere where I need to be, but now I'm really looking forward to measuring my gains in a few months.

• Like 2