Saiga pricing a few years back

I remember passing on a new S12 at my LGS for $315.00.  I really wanted one, but already had a Mossberg 500 and it didn't seem justifiable on a college kid's budget. Granted, that was 15 years ago.  Fast forward to 2012 when I bought my first S12 and the price had more than doubled.

I seem to remember the rifles being similarly priced at the time, but this was in the days of $225.00 WASRs and SAR1s.  :)

Saiga 7.62x39 circa march 2011--425$+ 150$ basic conversion, then geeked out on mods and...well y'all know how that goes!

Saiga 308 21in circa feb ish 2013--600$ + 200 ish in conversion parts. Being post SH i think i did ok. Converted that one myself.

• 4 weeks later...

I paid $289 for my first Saiga (a 223) in 2008.  I've had about 7 (counting the one in 10 day jail), and the price has gone up steadily.  The last one I got (before the current one) was a couple days before the import ban hit.  IIRC, I paid about $575 out the door with Tax and DROS.  

The one I have in Jail I traded straight across: My Iraqi Contractor WASR and a Romanian bayonet, for a:  NIB 2014 IZ132, 3 factory mags, Tapco FCG to modify for the saiga, and a standard AK gas tube to do my magic on with the factory forend.

Saigaredeux2_zpsc1256031.jpg

Considering new factory mags run $35 each ($70), Tapco G2 runs $35, and the gas tube NOS runs $40, there's $150 of extras I got with the new Saiga for the WASR I had $589 into.  I did well....  That makes my Saiga $439 (+$50 DROS and private party transfer fee.)  I am VERY happy

Edited by imarangemaster
  • 3 weeks later...

Mississippi Auto Arms was selling IZ-132s and IZ-104s for $199 each in 2013. The average price that we have sold most Saiga IZ132s for was $399. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just picked up a IZ132 at pre ban price Monday. Out the door for $475 including tax. NIB never fired still in plastic. It was on consignment at my LGS. The guy just wanted to get rid of it fast. Was selling for what he paid for it. Cheapest I have seen new going for lately is around $600

Wasn't really in the market for another 7.62 x 39 but I just could not pass on the deal. Wasn't sure what I was going to do with it till I showed it to my wife. She picked it up. commented how nice and light it was, put it up to her shoulder and said. "I like it". Guess my wife has a new gun. New to the 7.62 forum but not to Saigas or 7.62x39

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The first one I purchased mush have be 15 to 18 years or so ago.  Was 7.62x39 with the long barrel. $159 from the vendor.  By the time it was shipped and run thru my FFL guy total cost was around $190..   A few years late I bought another in the same caliber withthe short barrel for &199 at a gun store in Elko, NV.    A year later bought a 223 in FL or $199 also.   About 10 yrs ago sold the long barrel one for $350.  Prices today seem way out of line. I'm,sure the Russians are cranking these out at 20 bucks each.