Truck VS White Tail Deer - pic may not be for the squeamish

On the way back from JP Enterprises in Minnesota,  going through Iowa hit a deer at 70+ mph, all that was left was the hide, head , and bones.

3hcW36fl.jpg

Deer did the same thing I would do just before getting hit.

mkQAxRyl.jpg

ZERO truck damage. Thanks to Road Armor bumpers !

l7qX6H1l.jpg

Paid for its self many times over that day.

This is why we were in MN, JP enterprises is sponsoring our shooting team.

aVLROYel.jpg

My rifle

GHmM28tl.jpg

• Like 4

nice investment on the guard

my cousin is a trucker and hit a big whitetail somewhere in ND a few years back. he has one of those huge aluminum guards on his truck. he had guts and meat all over the windshield, chunks of meat, bone and fur all over the grille, but no damage.. deer just disintegrated.

We probably kill off more deer out here in SW OR USA year round with our vehicles than we do with deer rifles during deer season.  I guess we need more auto control.  Also if the kill is very fresh like you see it occur you can either legally dispatch it with a gun if it is still alive and crippled or if dead you can take the carcass home and eat it?  Yumm yumm.

my cousin is a trucker and hit a big whitetail somewhere in ND a few years back. he has one of those huge aluminum guards on his truck. he had guts and meat all over the windshield, chunks of meat, bone and fur all over the grille, but no damage.. deer just disintegrated.

One of my nephew's semi's hit one about 3 weeks ago over $10K wotrh of damage and off the road for about 2 weeks , another $15-20+ K of lost revenue

Just got back from 2 weeks in TX and lost count of the dead (and live) deer we saw on or beside the road.  My car does not have a brush guard and I was pretty puckered up when driving after dark.  Speed limits were often 70 on narrow 2-lanes but that's too risky for my low car at night.

• Like 1

I watched a deer skate in front of a minivan (in front of me).

We were doing 60. The deer arched it's neck and body while it's hooves slipped on the asphault.

The impact was inches away and his eyes were HUGE!

The deer basically arched it's back mirroring the contour of the whole front of the van (by about 6 inches), while running across the road!

Both survived without a scratch!

My 76 Dodge B200 would have been pretty messed up, if we had hit him.

Video would have been awesome!

Edited by Sim_Player

Forgot about this one.. Same cousin and I were riding together coming back from the Olympic mtns. and we were behind a lifted H2 when a deer popped out of the trees and ran right out into the road. H2 slammed into it and deer rolled underneath, right between the wheels and came out the back end. It immediately got up and ran off to the other side of the road - I'm sure it died later of some pretty serious internal injuries, probably multi broken bones.

The best part was when we pulled over to ask if he wanted help, the driver acted like he was offended we would ask.. Pissy and rude. It was a young bro with his barbie girlfriend. GF was pissed at him and thanked us for stopping. Cousin joked we should've given her a ride and left him there, LOL

• Like 1