iz132L questions

So I picked up a "Factory" converted 7.62 today. I noticed it has a tapco trigger and few other American made parts. this leads me to a few questions. I am a little confused on what they did and who did it.

was this really converted at the factory I assume a us saiga factory?

is the trigger group a g2 modified?

I have not taken it apart but it looks like the spring I left out during my pg conversion is still intact?

i guess really my question is what is the difference in getting the Factory conversion over getting dinzag or css parts.   The one+ is a welded bullet guide over tap and drill but the rest i am unsure about.

just learning as I go.

Tia

it has the factory hand guard and has a stamp RWC group

I think I did not need the Shepard Hook (spring) because of the retaining plate I installed  but now I have a strong urge to go back over what I have done since I had been reading a lot about converting a 12 and a 7.62 at the same time

Edited by cino
  • 5 weeks later...

Not sure what Century work done on their guns...

I think the least they can get away with: rivet on a trigger guard, touch up paint the bottom. shove on a tapco stock. Drop in a G2 with the front hump ground off the hammer axle but not a corrected profile. A little shave on the right to clear the BHO. install bullet guide. Done. They wouldn't get more money for more work, unless they did a lot more work. So they don't do more refinement or finer finish.

If you have the RWC conversion, they use the Tapco G2 trigger and trigger guard. RWC uses CAA butt stock and forearm with a vertical grip attached to forearm. Does this describe your gun? Not sure what Century work done on their guns...

I have this... with mag latch filed down to far when I got it but I opted to fix instead of sending it back to factory.