"i won an internet contest" normally is the sign of a scam but in this case, its true! i won a facebook contest from brownells for an emergency and survival gear giveaway. The boxes came in today. woot woot (picture should be attached).  contains, The Runner "CR" (Critical Response) kit, esg water filtration kit, food, H20, and ammo containers, shooting bag, SOG & Buck knives, and some hats. super thrilled.

post-16016-0-50339300-1445047595_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

Nice, man! Good score. I just googled that CR kit, pretty impressive. I can't believe they shipped all those containers, you must have gotten some giant boxes. Or a bunch of small boxes.

One time when I was a kid in the mid 90's I won a contest from a skate shop in Ft Walton Beach FL that used to do mail-order. Apparently I was entered in the contest when I ordered some skateboard stuff, but I didn't know. A bunch of t shirts, a deck, some socks and some stickers showed up out of the blue. It was awesome. Haven't won shit since.

GunFun, I have only heard of a couple other people winning contests online. i even called their place to verify the email was real. lol. i just dont trust the internet.

Chile, thanks

Elvis Christ, It was 4 large containers. they over-nighted them too.

• Like 1

Congrats Greg......never thought a guy from East Texas would need a pre-packaged survival gear to survive.haha.gif

you know me, didnt need it, probably why i won it. i dont even mind that i just finished saving around 20 gallons worth of bottles about a week before i heard i won. these are good quality items im glad to replace other things with. our deer lease will have some new upgrades too.

• Like 1

Additional info on those H20 containers would be appreciated. I like the size and modularity.

i like the waterbrick containers a lot, so far. made in USA. very thick polymer. 3.5 gallon capacity. handles (steel & plastic) go on and off with little effort. inside the screw on cap is a thick rubber gasket. they are still empty but in stacks of 4 tall, they stack lock together with just enough room to not wiggle or be too snug to lift off the stack. also had 2 spigot lids with it. both seem to be good build quality too.

the foodbricks and ammobrick both have a snug fitting tupperware type lids with a black, silicone type gasket. foodbrick has a similar build to the waterbrick but without the center supports. foodbricks did not come with handles but have handle attachment points. ammobricks were smaller and i think 1.6 gallon capacity for ammo or dry goods. They came with handles. will load them down with some ammo and see if they can hold up to the weight. i think they will be good to go.

• Like 5