I went to the gun show in Mt. Sterling Ky this weekend its called Court days they also have other vendors selling everything under the sun , its the weekend before the 3rd Monday in Oct. every year . People come from everywhere , I usually go every year and went Sat and Sun , this year. I go to eat [ killer pork chops 1 inch thick on a bun wrapped in aluminum foil . I viewed for 2 days , I usually don't see to many good deals an a few decent ones , but you do see some interesting ones . I was looking for a 410 single shot for my 9 year old didn't find one in my price range as I was looking for a beater to do a little squirrel and rabbit hunting as he cant handle a 20 well yet . here is some of what I saw good and bad .

Wasr full homemade camo job mag to , scoped and she was a petty thing that Redneck did a hell of a job price 575.00 ; I wish I had taken a pic it was probably one of the best deals I saw.

CVA WOLF muzzleloader with a Konus scope 250.00 new with box that's the only one I have seen close to gun store prices .

Here is the good part

SKS 375.00 up to 550.00 one Norinco sporter 650.00 but it was pretty .

Single shot shotguns 12 thru 410 150 for beaters to 325 for nice ones avg 250.00

Savage Axis rifles I never saw so many in my life they must have sold all of them in Ky. I bet 1/2 the people I saw carrying a rifle had one , one guy was selling them for 275.00 with some kind of scope [ not the Nikon BDC] and asking how many do you want , some people were buying 3 and 4 he had a trailer full of them things all of them in 243 , and 270.

Taurus pt111 Gen 2 millennium 9 mm new cheapest 395 to 475.00

Glocks gen 2 500 to 550

Glocks gen 3 and 4 550 to 650

saw a lot of Remington semi auto 410 shot guns 650 and up

Pump shot guns minimum 350 and up

Rem and Win rifles wood stocks 700 up to 950

1 unfired Win over and under made in 1933 still in box 6500.00 [ I passed on that one LOL]

1 410 Win gold trigger single shot my Grandpa had one he let me beat to death when I was a kid for only 370.00

I believe that you could tape a mag to a stick and somebody would ask you how much you want for it.

I didn't find a 410 as I wouldn't pay a 150 for one that was missing the front bead sig

ht and looked like you had hammered it on the end of the barrel on blacktop .

I guess I will just buy him a new on it will be cheaper .

I just wanted to share the insanity with you guys

• Like 3

The gun shows around here have gotten pretty bad. Just a bunch of asshole cops trying to entrap you if you walk in with a better weapon than their department can afford. Last time I went to one I played a pretty fun game with a man who was not on the level. He went back to his buddies outside after I embarrassed him in front of the public. No need to target gun enthusiasts like that at shows. Wannabe BATF is pretty sad. Anyway, the shows are full of high priced crap that would not sell in a real shop. Shops bring in their trade in junk, dents etc.... Very few people bring in nice stuff and have private tables.

Background checks wont kill gun shows, greedy assholes and shitty old beaten up gear will. Thanks for sharing your experience. Wish we had more shows around. Even if the prices were high, at least there was other activities and vendors available to entertain you.

• Like 2

Almost all tables in my area you have to fill out the atf form and they have a table to get the background check done at. I basically look for ammo, powder, primers, or brass. The last one I went to picked up some blazer lrn 22lr for 3 bucks per 50.

The shows are pretty decent around here. Mix of official and private sellers. Lots of accessories and reloading stuff, surplus and combat wear, knives and survival stuff. New stuff (Scorpion EVO3, Sig MCX), plenty of good old stuff, lots of AR and AK (some saigas even), not a whole lot of junk. Prices are pretty good too.

I hadn't been to a gun show is a couple of years and went to one recently to chat with local ATF about some concerns I had. Aside from that activity I don't have much reason to want to go anymore. Gun shows used to be like a feeding frenzy of great deals, but those days are gone. When I think back, the first thing that comes to mind is the $200'ish AKs and piles of SKS on the table for $99. Take me back....

• Like 1

Wichita gun shows are tiiiiiiiits!!!

Police trade in glocks gen 2-3, 350-370$, hk usp 40, 450, picked up a decked out s12 (literally, weighed as much as a deck with all the sgm tac heavy stuck on it) for 725, from a dealer, otd. 2 Saiga 762x39 kvar(Arsenal) front end conversion with sporter stock, $550 each, got buddy remmy 1100 youth 20 ga for $425. Picked up a dl105 reloaded for $2, yes, two bucks. Ugly and missing pieces but hornady will replace fro free, allegedly. Also a lee single stage reloader for 20ga shells for $20. Usually goes for 50 on eBay.

Just gotta spend time and buy what's a good price!! Oh geese I really am a hoarder!!!

• Like 2

Almost all tables in my area you have to fill out the atf form and they have a table to get the background check done at. I basically look for ammo, powder, primers, or brass. The last one I went to picked up some blazer lrn 22lr for 3 bucks per 50.

There is a $50 rebate on the Savage Axis rifles, that may be why so many were sold.

[/quot

This is in Ky no rebates as no 4473 filled out Ky is drivers lisc has to be a Ky resident and say they aren't prohibited from owning firearms , no paperwork at all . I have never seen an ATF agent at a gun show here ever . This gun show is outside 99% private dealers . I have never seen a dealer there cash only . it is bigger than the Great eastern Jag military gun show . I have never been to an inside gun show that was bigger.