Help, in search of a rifle stock AND feedback on Saigastock.com.

Hi all,

I'm looking for a stock set for my unconverted Saiga rifle. Being in California, I'm trying to keep it sweet and innocent looking, like a good walnut stock. So I found what I'm looking for at:

http://www.saigastock.com/

...and it's this:

5djp0g.jpg

The problem is that SaigaStock.com is an untrusted website with lots of bad reviews. Anyone have any feedback on them? Or a source for a stock set like the above pictured?

Thanks!

HC

I have purchased from them several times and had no issues.  They seem to be good about customer service.

I would not hesitate to order from them again.  I hope that helps.

Thanks for the feedback. Did you place your order through their website or call them up? Their website security is a mess.

I placed the order online understanding that all online transactions have inherent risk.  Luckily, if someone gets a hold of your card number, most banks and credit card issuers make it very easy to reverse the charges.   I buy a ton of crap online and have only had my card compromised once.  It was a slight hassle, but well worth it for all of the deals I've been able to get online over the years.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered this stock/ fore end set from them via their website:

http://www.saigastock.com/saiga-12-ga-wooden-furniture-set-color-walnut-p-6426.html?zenid=2959503690ac45514d9ebca712cdc96d

I figured it was worth a shot because all the other stock sets I found were 2x the price. I wanted to keep it unconverted and I thought the walnut would look great on it.

When I got it I was blown away by how nice everything looked. Very nice finish and fast shipping. The only problems I had with it were that the stock wiggles a little bit after shooting it (nothing a drop of lock tite on the rear tang after I re-screw the screw couldn't fix), the swivel stud was not long enough to secure the fore end to the gun, and the notch that slid under into the receiver on the fore end wasn't thick enough so it wiggles a little bit.

I ended up sending the fore end back since I figured it might be a little out of spec, but Clyde tried it a couple of his saigas and said it fit just fine. He sent it back to me with a bottle of Bob Marvel's oil and a RAAC cloth for my trouble.

Overall, I am extremely happy with the purchase. I mean, its a saiga- god forbid 2 of them are built the same. With a few modifications- I.E. shimming the fore end with a door shim or a piece of plastic, buying a longer swivel stud/cutting it to fit, and securing the rear stock better, I'm sure it will be just fine. If you have any problems, Clyde will take care of you.

Just another note- it is funny to see the look on people's faces when you tell them its a shotgun after you put the wood furniture on. 

Edited by potatoejohn
  • Like 1