Muzzle brake is not needed with a suppressor. If it was before the suppressor, all the noise would come out. If it was after, it's effectiveness would be severely lowered since the suppressor works by expanding and slowing the gases before letting them escape. A suppressor actually combines most of the effectiveness of flash hinders and brakes with noise suppression, so it's basically the pinnacle of attachments.

• Like 6

Imagine how the price of suppressors would drop.

But not getting my hopes up.

The emperor would never sign it and the craps in the senate would never even let it come up for a vote.

Muzzle brake is not needed with a suppressor. If it was before the suppressor, all the noise would come out. If it was after, it's effectiveness would be severely lowered since the suppressor works by expanding and slowing the gases before letting them escape. A suppressor actually combines most of the effectiveness of flash hinders and brakes with noise suppression, so it's basically the pinnacle of attachments.

Or get a quick detach setup and have both.

• Like 1

All they are are mufflers for guns.  Government practically DEMANDS a muffler on your Harley.  Why not also on guns?  Makes no logical sense to me but when is government logical?  Once you shoot off your guns with cans you will never want to shoot them off again without.

Squeeze.  You hear the hammer drop.  POP.  Then you hear the bolt cycling.  Then you hear the louder THUD when the dinky .22rf bullet hits the tree trunk.  Repeat as needed.  Very quiet indeed.  Elite Iron 6" Echo.  About the best there is.  Spendy.  I can't hear what your saying! :)

I would have said that about suppressors and SBR in WA, but a Democratic state senator made that happen. It's worth trying. The anti's used to get their way by having legislation ready to go and just continually trying it until people fail to block it. If we are similarly persistent we win. Look at how we have been making near universal gains on CCW. If you look at the last 15 years, we have gained a lot more ground nationally and in most states than we have lost. 

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong. I would go door to door to garner support for this bill if it made it past committee.

I love seeing a move on the offense instead of defense as well.

Who are we trying to kid with this though. Does anyone think it could get past O-bongo and his pen and his phone. Not gonna happen in this administration.

Perhaps raising public awareness of just what a muffler for a gun is would be helpful in the long run. Who knows. I think most people have learned all they need to know about silencers from Hollywierd.

It'd be nice to have on my 50cal. That thing's LOUD.

Just be prepared the first time you fire it.  Be aware that suppressing a .50 BMG is going to increase the recoil noticeably (at least in my experience).  For me, while it made it quieter it also made it less fun to shoot. 

It'd be nice to have on my 50cal. That thing's LOUD.

Just be prepared the first time you fire it.  Be aware that suppressing a .50 BMG is going to increase the recoil noticeably (at least in my experience).  For me, while it made it quieter it also made it less fun to shoot. 

Thanks for mentioning that. Not that the information is ever likely to be useful to me.