Mine in stainless and laminated wood.

A friend used to have one of those in blued and red cherry or something along those lines rather than laminated. It didn't really appeal to me, but it was a more expensive option. Talo edition apears to have rolled or CNC checkering, which is a touch more fancy.

I know we have one new member who is in to Man Lickers.

1) Shut up about that already. If your point is that talking about that all the time drags down the forum, I agree. You are part of the problem. It is completely irrelevant to this thread.

2) I think you have that exactly backwards, but who cares. Talk about guns please.

3)  see point #1 again.

• Like 3

2. you are not a moderator nor due you have any authority here.

Very glad about that too. This place has more drama than girls at a middle school.

I ain't PC. It's just a boring as hell topic that kills everything else. That's why people who are annoyed by it should shut up about it. They are the ones perpetuating it. Which makes them kinda retarded.

Humor requires something to be funny. Nothing there was funny.

• Like 3

They were pretty exciting tech around WWI since they kept your hands from getting burnt when you finished a volley of prone shooting by standing up and carrying your rifle at port arms while running. They also prevented shiny barrels from being as noticeable.

• Like 1

I've always wanted one with some sort of competition sights for some reason. They are good looking rifles, plus its a 10/22, 'nuff said.

Edited by jmzzl
  • Like 1

They were pretty exciting tech around WWI since they kept your hands from getting burnt when you finished a volley of prone shooting by standing up and carrying your rifle at port arms while running. They also prevented shiny barrels from being as noticeable.

Old school, many things in history still make sense today. Many things have been lost or forgotten as well. For a mass produced gun, the 10/22 has to be right up there in accuracy.

Deeps are Derps though

Nice, but not for us.  I think (dangerous) also that the full length wood stock afforded some physical protection to the barrel if one smacked or dropped the rifle onto something non forgiving.  Kept the barrel from being knocked about?  Ideally the wood never touched the barrel which floated?  But then moisture and corrosion come to mind also.  Give and take.

They were not at all free floated and could cause POI drift due to humidity and also hold moisture against the metal. Wood is basically a sponge.

I think I have maybe one firearm with wood now and yep one can see it even on traditional stocks, love the look hate the weight and swelling... sounds like a heart condition dont it lol

I am almost the other way' round. Having been raised to think of guns as tools in the context of a boat, black soft plastic was the only way to go. Wood was for people who polish the toys in their cabinets and never take them out for hard use. 

Now that I have been on terra firma all the time, I put wood on both my saigas. I kinda feel like a traitor to my dad.

I have exactly zero guns with wood. Wood is for safe queens/twice a year hunting guns. Any average usage results in dings, scrapes and other damage. So cheap, durable plastic comes in, and it doesn't look half bad.

I disagree.

post-38542-0-49312400-1445991216_thumb.jpg

(the RPK, unfortunately, isn't mine)

post-38542-0-29365100-1445991167_thumb.jpg

Though, I do like the occasional plastic too, and for alot of "shooters" this is fairly accurate.

I have exactly zero guns with wood. Wood is for safe queens/twice a year hunting guns. Any average usage results in dings, scrapes and other damage. So cheap, durable plastic comes in, and it doesn't look half bad.

Well I shoot these a lot, dings on a firearm are scares of use.

My arms(the ones on me, meaning the ones that hang off my shoulders) are scared to hell and back.

I have firearms to shoot, not to have kept to be "new" forever!!!

post-37682-0-36420100-1446081142_thumb.jpg

post-37682-0-33883400-1446081172_thumb.jpg

post-37682-0-88738900-1446081196_thumb.jpg

• Like 2