I don't know how rare these things are. Judging from the sheer volume on hand today, probably not very. But I paid $15 each for the 120mm cans and $10 each for the 40mm cans. All of them sounded like opening a jar of peanuts for the first time, and the rubber seals were nearly brand new. I see lots more ammo storage in my near future.

Found some other very cool items non firearm related. Thought it might be a cool thread to post up your flea market / garage sale finds:

post-37530-0-29222200-1445826652_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Very very nice.  Cool find.  Now respectfully speaking, how far and how fast can your young kids or grand kids move those cool big ammo cans when they are full of precious ammo?  Are they immediately portable?  Just some thoughts.  We use lots and lots of .30 caliber cans instead.  Respectfully.

Attempted edit by HB.  Moderator; something is now very wrong with this threaded post.  It will not let me edit my posts.  Also inserting four to five letter non sense letters inside my post.  I was attempting to apologize as my answer was very harsh and non appropriate.  PEM me now if ya wanna.  Hope this attempt works.

Edited by HB of CJ
  • Like 1

No issues HB,

We all have really big arms in this family.....

Actually, your point is well taken. These will be used more for long term storage rather than portability. We will pull from these to fill our .30 - .50 cal cans as needed. The 120mm cans are indeed heavy even empty.

• Like 1

I've no experience with the 120MM cans but I love them 40MM. I can move them relatively quickly with the supplied handles. Depending on quantity and caliber of ammo anyways. I have one full of .223/5.56 and another with 7.62 and 30 round AK mags and the .223 is easier to move full. figure about 75lbs give or take for one completely filled. Figure with my MD and still being able to move a 40MM any normal relatively active person should be able to as well. Not something I'd recommend everyday but doable. I've never found anything good at flea markets worth noting. My area its mostly old bandoleers or jackets and always well over what I'd be willing to pay 

• Like 1