Good advertising, but if this works out like groupon this kind of viral buzz could bankrupt him. Most restaurants don't have the margins to be able to sell profitably at 75% of their menu prices.

Good advertising, but if this works out like groupon this kind of viral buzz could bankrupt him. Most restaurants don't have the margins to be able to sell profitably at 75% of their menu prices.

Yep.

I heard this story on the radio this morning and thought good for him, but also didn't understand the overly generous 25% discount.

A 10% discount would have made the point.

Of course, he can raise prices a hair if needed to limit the damage.

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 3

If he had said "For the next two weeks"...

In his shoes I would also state it show me your CCW CARD. Otherwise you just know some retard will pull out his G26 flag the cashier and fumble it all around to get his $4 discount. That kind of thing would have both CCW people antis, and the staff deciding they didn't need to be there very badly.

• Like 1

From the article,

>>INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA — Following a rash of armed robberies of businesses on the East side of Indianapolis, Papa Roux owner Art Bouvier is now offering a 25% discount to any patron showing his or her valid concealed carry permit.<<

Most people I know who carry will appreciate the gesture and then decline the discount.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...