Would You Sell A Double Stack 9mm To Buy A Single Stack One?

I have a CZ 75 PCR 9mm. I love everything about it, except I can't, for whatever reason, seem to get used to the dadgum trigger, even after about 350 rounds. Usually the more I shoot a pistol, the more proficient I become with it, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the CZ.  

I've been wanting to get a single stack for CC and I've been considering a Walther PPS. The only drawback that I can think of is,first and foremost, mag capacity.Then again,I've never shot or even held a PPS, so there may be others, I don't know.

So, what do you guys think? Would you do it? Oh, and I can only have one or the other,not both,right now anyway.

Thanks in advance for any input.  

If you are unsure run a couple more boxes through. I've had slumps with guns I used to shoot well, and gotten out of them, and back in too.  

I agree with Doug though. If a gun doesn't work for you or you don't love it, get one that you do. 

The other side of this coin is how much cash would you lose on the transaction cost. If you throw $40 a week in the hat for the PPS or whatever, you'll have enough very quickly, right? If you are loosing half the value of the CZ in the deal, that doesn't seem worth it. Keep the CZ and get a PPS used. Then if the CZ never grows on you, sell it when you can get a good price. On the other hand if there is someone who wants to pay you most of what you paid for the CZ... Don't forget to factor the cost of holster and mags.

• Like 2

I can't speak to the CZ, but with regard to single vs. double stack magazines, I don't think the trade off is worth it.
Unless you're a tiny little guy that wears tight clothing, you should have no problem concealing a double stack pistol, even under a loose fitting t-shirt.

They might not be quite as comfortable as some super slim single stack, but if you find a pistol that you can shoot well and is moderately concealable,  just dealing with it and carrying it for six months or so will solve the problem when it comes to comfort.  Eventually it gets to the point where you notice it more when it's not there than when it is.

A co-worker found out the hard way with carrying a single stack without an extra mag.

His house was broken into during daylight while he was asleep. Woke up to 2 guys in his house and 2 more in the car. Grabbed his concealed carry weapon laying on the nightstand.

He started shooting, the guys ran out of his house and he chased them down the driveway blazing away. He then heard click and had on of those "what the hell do I do now" moments.. He was lucky they took off, radiator fluid leaking from their Cadillac where he shot the radiator.

If you go single stack, carry a spare mag.

• Like 2

A co-worker found out the hard way with carrying a single stack without an extra mag.

His house was broken into during daylight while he was asleep. Woke up to 2 guys in his house and 2 more in the car. Grabbed his concealed carry weapon laying on the nightstand.

He started shooting, the guys ran out of his house and he chased them down the driveway blazing away. He then heard click and had on of those "what the hell do I do now" moments.. He was lucky they took off, radiator fluid leaking from their Cadillac where he shot the radiator.

At LEAST! I carry a Glock 19 with tritium sights, Surefire, AND two spare mags. I don't want to make an already shitty situation even worse by running out or not being able to see if it's dark. Your friend was lucky, and I hope he learned a valuable lesson from his experience. One more thing I'd like to add, though, is he can get into some legal trouble by continuing to shoot if they were running.

At LEAST! I carry a Glock 19 with tritium sights, Surefire, AND two spare mags. I don't want to make an already shitty situation even worse by running out or not being able to see if it's dark. Your friend was lucky, and I hope he learned a valuable lesson from his experience. One more thing I'd like to add, though, is he can get into some legal trouble by continuing to shoot if they were running.

This happened in Texas and he was in his legal rights. Two were running, and one kept falling down.(thinks he winged that one) Two were still in the car in his driveway. Other states he wouldn't have been so lucky.

• Like 1

The ergonomics on the CZ are fantastic,fits my hand like a glove. It's just the trigger I can't seem to get used to.Maybe I just need to shoot it ALOT more.

How about seeing if a local gunsmith can fix the trigger the way you like it. +~ to RR target, be comfortable and if possible shoot it before you buy.

I CC a few different calibers depending on weather and what I am wearing.

This happened in Texas and he was in his legal rights. Two were running, and one kept falling down.(thinks he winged that one) Two were still in the car in his driveway. Other states he wouldn't have been so lucky.

I have looked into the texas statutes, the last time someone made this kind of claim. Nope. In no state may you shoot at someone who has ceased to directly threaten your life, whether you are civilian, LE, in home, in your car, or in line at starbucks. Period. The end. If you think otherwise you are deluding yourself.

In Texas you don't have to run, and you can't be sued in civil court for something that failed in criminal. You also have a presumption that an intruder intends to harm you at home, but that still needs to be an actual and reasonable belief, and it only goes until you have reason to believe otherwise. i.e. the guy is running away from you instead of coming towards you. The presumption simply means that the legal argument starts with an assumption that your fear is reasonable, unless proven otherwise. The burden is in your favor. Further, every presumption is rebuttable by any strong contrary evidence. 

Wishful thinking and stuff said in the gun store won't change what you law is. Learn your actual laws, people.

I have looked into the texas statutes, the last time someone made this kind of claim. Nope. In no state may you shoot at someone who has ceased to directly threaten your life, whether you are civilian, LE, in home, in your car, or in line at starbucks. Period. The end. If you think otherwise you are deluding yourself.

In Texas you don't have to run, and you can't be sued in civil court for something that failed in criminal. You also have a presumption that an intruder intends to harm you at home, but that still needs to be an actual and reasonable belief, and it only goes until you have reason to believe otherwise. i.e. the guy is running away from you instead of coming towards you. The presumption simply means that the legal argument starts with an assumption that your fear is reasonable, unless proven otherwise. The burden is in your favor. Further, every presumption is rebuttable by any strong contrary evidence. 

Wishful thinking and stuff said in the gun store won't change what you law is. Learn your actual laws, people.

'I've worked with this guy for over 15 years, and he wouldn't be employed with a major airline with access to the restricted areas of the airport had he been charged. They did hold his gun for ballistic testing if one of the perps came to the hospital with a bullet wound. Took over a year to get the gun back. 

Don't forget the two in the Cadillac still posed a threat as he was running down the driveway. The house sits on almost five acres and it's not your normal cookie cutter subdivision. 

I say double stack. Some are pretty slim.

Wife wanted something small borrowed a shield as that was the min I was willing to buy. She didn't Like the snappyness. So lookies at the 9c.

Just got a new shop with a range where you can rent guns, she's gonna do lady's night and test out a few.

• Like 1

I love the Sig Sauer P226, and M1A1. Double action on the first shot even with a great trigger like a Sig was hard for to feel 100% comfortable with getting a good solid first shot. I opted for an M&P9 to try. I ended up liking it more than either Sig. Dropped an Apex trigger kit in it, and now it's my primary go to gun. Consider an M&P or a Glock. You can go single stack, but why when there are a lot of double stack options.

• Like 2