Liberals want drug dealers released and the public disarmed...

Watching the news this morning and just thinking WTF!!!????  Seriously, WTF?  In what methadone kool aide drinking reality do they come up with this shit?  I can't help but wonder if this is all some kind of stupid ass Machiavellian scheme some fucking dumbass liberal has dreamed up. 

• Like 3

10s of thousands of felons to be loosed upon society.

Thank both sides...

Dems say its not fair and inhumane.

Reps say it cost too much to feed, house and provide medical.

Fuck'em both, bring back public hangings/flogging.

• Like 6

Meanwhile back at the funny farm called Washington,

O-Blowme's DOJ names returning VETERANS as likely domestic terrorist.

>>More than two million people are incarcerated in the U.S., and each year 600,000 or more are released back into society. There they face a dearth of jobs, housing and mental health services that puts many on the short path back to prison in what Obama has plaintively described as a cycle of incarceration.

Obama's focus on the previously incarcerated comes as more than 4,300 inmates are being released at the start of November, in what will likely be tens of thousands to benefit from drug sentencing changes last year. In rare bipartisan fashion, Congress is considering legislation cutting sentences for nonviolent drug offenders, an effort the White House has elevated as one of Obama's top priorities for the remaining months of his presidency.

"I urgently encourage both the Senate and the House to pass these bills," Obama said.

post-39558-0-03624800-1446580632.jpg

• Like 2

Ok I'm not going win any popularity contest anywhere. I'm not opposed to this. I'll tell you why:

What the fuck are we doing locking up non violent pot heads in the first place, when our prisons are so crowded we're giving pedophiles probation?!

Secondly the war in drugs is a failure. If anybody really wanted to end the drug cartel strangle hold on the borders we'd cut their cash flow. 70% of their money comes from US pot sales. What Fortune 500 company could survive a 70% profit reduction?

Much of the non cartel violence related to the war on drugs is simply merchandise disputes and robbery. People can't appeal to the law so they get violent.

Now consider last known figures was 100 BILLION in illicit drugs profits crossed the border. That's how's much untaxed, unregulated revenue that could be part of the US economy. Don't give me the " cost of Addiction " argument, we're already incurring that cost.

Last we look to see that the only winners in the war in drugs are law enforcement through increased funding, banks through laundering money, and cartels through profits. Meanwhile the public bears the burden of civil assets forfeiture (lack of due process anybody? )... questionable surveillance techniques, and a predatory court economy that's dependent on convictions to keep the money flowing to lawyers, prosecutors and privatized prisons.

So we've got the largest prison population on earth, and the number of users increasing, cartels getting richer, expanding territory, and hasn't slowed one bit, but we are winning?

Oh and on another note a large majority of those criminals are getting released into Texas.... we have a strong castle doctrine incase they decide to act up. Fuck it man I'm for this one.

Edited by poolingmyignorance
  • Like 6

The war on drugs is a failure, but I don't really have any reason to believe that complete legalization of everything wouldn't be just as much as a failure. I used to think there might be something to it, but then I visited the Netherlands and found there were junkies everywhere, just the same as there are in the US. 

I do think pot should be legalized, but let's be honest here - if you hear someone trying to make a "non-violent pot smoker" the poster child for what type of inmate is being released, that's a joke. No "non-violent pot smoker" went to prison for a sack of weed in his pocket. You don't go to prison on a misdemeanor charge, and unless you're in possession of dealer quantities of pot, a huge collection of plants, or a serious amount of related illicit drugs, you're going to get a slap on the wrist - a misdemeanor possession charge, or even a deferment. 

I had this discussion with my dad and was amazed to hear him repeatedly saying that "they're just releasing a bunch of pot smokers." Really? They went to prison for smoking pot? No, they were involved in more shady shit than that to get a felony.

OTOH I didn't hear any complaint from the media about the main being put away in Pennsylvania this week for 3 years of prison time for possessing an unregistered DIAS.. That's a turrorist right there!

• Like 2

The war on drugs is a failure, but I don't really have any reason to believe that complete legalization of everything wouldn't be just as much as a failure. I used to think there might be something to it, but then I visited the Netherlands and found there were junkies everywhere, just the same as there are in the US.

I do think pot should be legalized, but let's be honest here - if you hear someone trying to make a "non-violent pot smoker" the poster child for what type of inmate is being released, that's a joke. No "non-violent pot smoker" went to prison for a sack of weed in his pocket. You don't go to prison on a misdemeanor charge, and unless you're in possession of dealer quantities of pot, a huge collection of plants, or a serious amount of related illicit drugs, you're going to get a slap on the wrist - a misdemeanor possession charge, or even a deferment.

I had this discussion with my dad and was amazed to hear him repeatedly saying that "they're just releasing a bunch of pot smokers." Really? They went to prison for smoking pot? No, they were involved in more shady shit than that to get a felony.

OTOH I didn't hear any complaint from the media about the main being put away in Pennsylvania this week for 3 years of prison time for possessing an unregistered DIAS.. That's a turrorist right there!

2oz is "dealer quantity". A large sandwich. That's it. Yes about 10,000 or 1 in 12 are federally incarcerated for pot.

Think about it. If your only crime is possession of a substance that arguably safer than Tylenol, regardless of quantity what harm have you caused society that a million other legal substances aren't causing already? It serves the public no interest.

I'm not thinking we should deregulate meth or heroine. Those are truly destructive vices that need to be dealt with in a dealer/supplier/manufacturer level.

• Like 3

The pot heads don't bother me too much, because for the most part, they are a mellow bunch, but still druggies.  But the crack, heroine, and meth heads.....that's a whole different story.  Also, what gives with this "ban the box" shit?  Does this idiot seriously want felons to get fed jobs? 

• Like 3

Let us not forget that most sentences are the result of plea deals involving more serious charges in the beginning.  I have no doubt that some of the 6600 released are violent criminals and will be back on the big wheel.

• Like 3

Let us not forget that most sentences are the result of plea deals involving more serious charges in the beginning. I have no doubt that some of the 6600 released are violent criminals and will be back on the big wheel.

Fair and valid point. Though we must also remain aware that not all accusations equate guilt. It can be neigh impossible for majority of people to afford a decent lawyer. It's even more difficult to obtain representation when you've bailed out, because then you're deemed financially capable and ineligible for court appointed representation.

Gives a whole new meaning to " freedom isn't free". I will concede that breaking the law isn't ever the wisest choice, doesn't mean we should allow legislators to draft our morality with their pen.

Its just obamas kids, give em a break.

all the murders committed by them and the cartels dont count as violent.

The 44000 overdose deaths are not a form of violence.

the thousands of school kids addicted to drugs and selling drugs to other kids isn't so bad.

The muggings, burglaries and armed robberies committed to get drug money are not really violent.

The hundreds of gas station attendants murdered for drug money dont feel they were victims of violent crime.

enough bleeding heart liberal thinking.

Wake up to a little reality!!

this whole thing is pandering to certain racial groups claiming the justice system is discriminating against them

Nothing more...nothing less!!!

PS pot heads dont go to prison

• Like 1

To no one in particular so dont even;

First off this term pot heads has gotten about as old as the mentality behind it. It would seem that at least the people here that understand how the state demonizes those politically in opposition.. you know gun owners, home schoolers, constitutionalists, etc etc etc ... would be on to this trick. But no ya jump right in with the collective.The hypocrisy is both amazing and shameful. 

Holy Refer Madness Batman! 

So by labeling a person a "drug dealer" you think that gives a carte blanche pass on principles.

BTW there are absolutely people still jailed on charges involving grass, you never heard of over charging I reckon.

Well Im calling bullshit on the whole mess.

You want to pretend you are somehow better than those dickbags in DC then stop doing as they do.

Consistency and credibility are in fact inseparable. Principles are easy when they benefit one personally, the test comes when it does not.

Stop failing it.

• Like 4

To no one in particular so dont even;

First off this term pot heads has gotten about as old as the mentality behind it. It would seem that at least the people here that understand how the state demonizes those politically in opposition.. you know gun owners, home schoolers, constitutionalists, etc etc etc ... would be on to this trick. But no ya jump right in with the collective.The hypocrisy is both amazing and shameful.

Holy Refer Madness Batman!

So by labeling a person a "drug dealer" you think that gives a carte blanche pass on principles.

BTW there are absolutely people still jailed on charges involving grass, you never heard of over charging I reckon.

Well Im calling bullshit on the whole mess.

You want to pretend you are somehow better than those dickbags in DC then stop doing as they do.

Consistency and credibility are in fact inseparable. Principles are easy when they benefit one personally, the test comes when it does not.

Stop failing it.

All one needs to make the populace turn against anyone is marginalize the victims.

"Tea baggers", "right wing extremist" " gun nut " "ammo sexual"..ring any bells?

• Like 1

I dont see convicted drug dealing felons as (victims)

And comparing them to law abiding tea party members or right wing people or gun nuts or enthusiasts is ridicules.

I do know that people who participate in the drug culture may have differing opinions.

I also know families that have been actual victims of drug activity have an opinion as well.

I dont see convicted drug dealing felons as (victims)

And comparing them to law abiding tea party members or right wing people or gun nuts or enthusiasts is ridicules.

I do know that people who participate in the drug culture may have differing opinions.

I also know families that have been actual victims of drug activity have an opinion as well.

Merely pointing out that it's easy to make somebody look worse than they are by creating a label for them.

Typically the only argument I get in support of the drug war is accusing those whom don't support it off drug use. Again this is revealed.

I gave 100 billion reasons to end it. Nobody can contend that cutting funds to drug carzs won't cripple their criminal enterprise. Nobody will contend that asset forfeiture isn't unconstitutional....yet the only people who support the drug war are ones whom believe disrespect for the legislators pen merits their incarceration.

None of these points have been touched on. If these people are guilty of other crimes then try them for those. Let's stop fabricating criminals, for the sake of crooked politicians.

• Like 2

Put in simple terms, "If you're not part of the solution, you must be part of the problem". I've said it before and I'll say it again, we're all born with free will. We make our own decisions in life. These aren't little pot heads coming out of jail, there's a clear line between misdemeanor and felony possession of a controlled substance. You're not going to prison for a misdemeanor. If you want to smoke pot, have at it, but don't cross the line on how much you're holding, selling to pay for your habit, and unless you have a friend that's growing, don't think for a minute that some of the money you pay to enjoy doesn't filter back for things you wouldn't approve of. Parts of downtown St Louis are a blood bath every night mostly due to gangs dealing drugs. You know, the same guys breaking in your cars to steal your conceal and carry that you couldn't bring with you. You may buy from a buddy in the burbs, but odds are it came from a much larger supplier.

Make it legal and take the profit out of it (just like after prohibition), but don't whine about jackasses that got popped for crossing the line today. They knew the risks going in, they made their choice. As far as I'm concerned, the severity of punishment should be based on the crime. If you're a murderer/child molester you get the Midnight Express jail. If you're truly non violent you get to be an employee of the state doing something productive to generate revenue to pay for your keep and hopefully teach you a trade or skill set to help you when you get out. If you're a open and closed case lifer, you might as well get a dirt nap. Just letting these guys out isn't the right answer to the problem at hand.

• Like 2

Funny argument when alcohol kills more than any other, yet remains legal and is the most abused. I wouldn't worry about the potheads getting released, it's killers, rapists and molesters that will be part of that. Just like the super nice illegal aliens that keep getting set free and repeating their crimes.

Should drugs be legal? If this is a truly free country, why not? One should be free to OD if they want too. If the parents didn't raise them right or they are just that stupid, do we really need them around anyway?

• Like 3

https://www.drugabuse.gov/related-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-alcohol-related-deaths-years-lost-sxsw-20140313-story.html

That is a true statement!

If drugs become legal I think their usage will escalate well beyond the current levels

Colorado is a good example 

I must say the "drugs is bad cro

Those are all LEGAL......and way deadlier than pot. Well played.

See literally 16,000 more people die from LEGALLY prescribed  pain killers than pot... so you're not against drugs. You're against freedom to choose your drugs. You're not mad that people are abusing a substance and ruining their lives you're mad because they chose the WRONG substance.

Now lets all talk about how much we love freedom.

Edited by poolingmyignorance
  • Like 1

I am sorry I failed to make my point. You can make all the laws you wish to try and protect little Johnny. However if little Johnny was not raised correctly and/or doesn't have the brain power to exhibit self control, then little Johnny will end up dead.

That is the way it should be. Trying make laws that prevent natural selection will only lead to idiots being in power. Kind of like where we are now.

• Like 5

I must say the "drugs is bad cro

Those are all LEGAL......and way deadlier than pot. Well played.

See literally 16,000 more people die from LEGALLY prescribed  pain killers than pot... so you're not against drugs. You're against freedom to choose your drugs. You're not mad that people are abusing a substance and ruining their lives you're mad because they chose the WRONG substance.

Now lets all talk about how much we love freedom.

You would have to work at it to be any more wrong about what I think.

I am sorry I failed to make my point. You can make all the laws you wish to try and protect little Johnny. However if little Johnny was not raised correctly and/or doesn't have the brain power to exhibit self control, then little Johnny will end up dead.

That is the way it should be. Trying make laws that prevent natural selection will only lead to idiots being in power. Kind of like where we are now.

I agree with you completely.

I just dont want hard drugs readily available to our youth (less than it is now)

so I want those who traffic in those (prescription or otherwise Punished severely)

And for you pot smokers...I don't give a shit, if you are adults do as you will

But YOU are also responsible for the atrocities committed by those who supply you.

argue all you want....it doesn't change that fact 

• Like 2

maybe you should read a little deeper, not all the data is from prescription drugs

and prescription drugs are trafficked illegally just as any other controlled substance

Not a terribly bright argument on your partsuper_man.gif

Well I guess you got me there.

except if you READ ( us not too bright guys need the words with the pictures to understands them) the bar graphs.. they clearly show LEGAL prescription pain killers ALONE kill more than coaine and heroin combined. ( see 17,000 vs 15,000)  That's before we even get to the graph which deaths for prescription tranquilizers...

now lets tally the total pot deaths............

................................................................... What you got?  I think I can find maybe a dozen stories of pot deaths which coughing aggravated a previous heart condition.

So again you're advocating people be locked away with rapist, murders and pedophiles for a substance that harms (arguably) only themselves. And significantly less harm than every single unregulated over the counter drug. 

How exactly will you control the black market... that has FAILED so miserably to be controlled previously?

Bare in mind I already stated that heroine and meth should not be deregulated as they are deadly and can serve no real purpose.. in a society where people cannot control themselves on weaker regulated prescriptions vices as powerful as meth and heroine can have no benefit.... (though I'm all for awarding stupid prizes for stupid games). 

YESS!!!

You should be free to destroy your OWN body!! And even freer ( if that's possible) to do things that make you happy if they harm no one else. 

I agree with you completely.

I just dont want hard drugs readily available to our youth (less than it is now)

so I want those who traffic in those (prescription or otherwise Punished severely)

And for you pot smokers...I don't give a shit, if you are adults do as you will

But YOU are also responsible for the atrocities committed by those who supply you.

argue all you want....it doesn't change that fact 

They're only as responsible as those that created the inflated black market prices that allowed violent criminals to become multi-billion dollar drug czars.

It's blaming people right to do what they want with their bodies for a law that created an artificial circumstance. You think any of these poor ass pot heads would be paying per oz if they could grow the shit for nearly free?

Yep... but you miss the point completely

And drug users are a little different than drug traffickers.

The deaths attributable to prescription drugs are not the people who have real prescriptions for them.

They are the people that use or abuse them illegally

I get it  you like dope...fine

I dont make the laws, Im not the guy to complain to

I suggest you move to Juarez    

• Like 1