During the set-up for "Party at the PAC" I found a gun, syringes, and a bag of I don't know what and called police in to pick up.

I was cleaning out a car that we use onstage that gets chewed up by the jaws of life as part of a presentation on the dangers of drinking/texting/drugs and driving for high school kids.  We take accident cars on the way to the scrapyard and use them onstage, but we have to make them safe for the kid "victims" by cleaning out all the broken glass, ect, so the kids don't get hurt.  As I was cleaning out the front of one of the cars, I found 2 insulin syringes by the driver's seat.  As I was cleaning out the passenger side, the glove compartment popped open.  I found a CO2 pistol and a bag of some brown stuff closed with a twist tie.  Onstage at the time was a sheriff's lieutenant deputy who was part of the presentation.  I safed the pistol by gassing out the CO2 cartridge, and then she collected it, and in turn called the local police in.  The syringes had the seals broken, so they were used.

Local police looked back at the accident report and found that there had been syringes found, but no one had found the gun or baggie.  The brown powder came back negative for drugs.  The police think the owner was scamming users.  Not much they can do to him as nothing was completely illegal.  Paraphernalia would be about it.

But HEY!  We got to use a drug car for the show!  Grossed out a bunch of high school kids, and hopefully, set them straight about stupid things and driving.

• Like 4

Wow.  Probably at least 10% of the cars out and up here in SW OR USA have guns inside them hidden somewhere someplace.  Also probably common are some drinking water bottles and small bags of eating goodies.  When a friend detailed cleaned/washed my baby SUV, she found several loose rounds, some water, half full pepsi bottles, tissues, candy bars, a couple bucks in loose lost change and the like.  I had completely forgotten about it all.  The car was pretty nasty.  But .. no guns.  I do not have that many ... yet.  Since I'm 68 no other used stuff either. :)

When I was junk yarding back in the day, I came across a Raven .25ACP under the driver's seat.  I ran the numbers, came back clean, I claimed after 30 days.  I traded it at a hock shop for an SKS.  Little booger ran flawless, but didnt care for the ergos.