Scored another .223

Nobody had any available (preorders were gone)and i was getting discouraged.Had been checking all the RAA dealers sites and auctions daily.Decided late weds night to check Gunbroker and there was one from Gilberts Guns for "Buy it now" at $279.00,got the last one they had,gonna be here monday :lolol: already have everything for the converson ready to go.

Edited by Pointer

Pointer,

Good score. Before the new imports I paid $269 + tax each for the .223's I bought from Dunhams in MI.......before they were all gone.

Where else can you find a reliable, solid, chrome barreled .223 for less than $300?

Enjoy!!!

Wolverine

Pointer,

Good score. Before the new imports I paid $269 + tax each for the .223's I bought from Dunhams in MI.......before they were all gone.

Where else can you find a reliable, solid, chrome barreled .223 for less than $300?

Enjoy!!!

Wolverine

Got my .223 at dunhams here in WI for just under what you paid...but that was only because the guy working the checkout counter had probably fail remedial math a half dozen times and couldn't figure outhow to add up my layaway funds and my final payment.....so i think i got out the door for about $270 total.....insted of the $285 it should have been...

I however am still hesitant to put mine under the knife....er...drill press...whatever....i like the way it looks now, though i would love to be able to use HI-cap mags, and be in compliance with 922r.....is it possible to upgrade the trigger group without moving it forward so it would still look stock? then maybe get some of BRG3s woould stock/forearms, and some US made followers, think that would get me compliant.....

Pointer,

Enjoy!!!

Wolverine

Got my .223 at dunhams here in WI for just under what you paid...but that was only because the guy working the checkout counter had probably fail remedial math a half dozen times and couldn't figure outhow to add up my layaway funds and my final payment.....so i think i got out the door for about $270 total.....insted of the $285 it should have been...

I however am still hesitant to put mine under the knife....er...drill press...whatever....i like the way it looks now, though i would love to be able to use HI-cap mags, and be in compliance with 922r.....is it possible to upgrade the trigger group without moving it forward so it would still look stock? then maybe get some of BRG3s woould stock/forearms, and some US made followers, think that would get me compliant.....

RangerM9,

You could change the hammer to US, the stock (buttstock and handguard) set for BRG3's custom wood and use a US follower to get the four parts necessary. The key is to have ten or less foreign parts off the BATFE list for the Saiga. Those four would do it. If you get into highcap mags don't forget the follower change out.

Wolverine

Pointer,

Enjoy!!!

Wolverine

Yep,you could do that.With the trigger group(3),stocks(2),followers(1) would make your gun compliant.

$279.00 looked about the going rate on the new Saiga .223,and 7.62's,but i still kinda cringe when i think back that i only paid around $199.99 for them before.